Intro from Charleston SC

Royal7

Reaction score
Hello All!

Joining here from Charleston, South Carolina. Classic southeast flatland hunter excited for first trip to Africa. Booked with Buzz and CMS safaries next summer in Zim - Dande East. I’ve been reading and soaking up the knowledge here so thanks for all your willingness to share.

Keeping an eye out for a quality DR 470 as well. Would love to handle one in person if anyone is close!

Richard

:S Welcome:

welcome welcome welcome

Welcome from another low country dweller!!

Welcome to AH, Richard. Good to have you here!
Regards
Marius

Welcome to AH Royal7!

Hello Royal7 (Richard),

Khomas Highland Hunting and Fishing Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

There is no rifle like a double rifle.
I wish you good fortune finding just the right .470 for your hunting plans.
The one shown in my avatar here was a vintage English “Army & Navy”, in .450 No2 NE.
It had 28” extractor barrels and I used hand loaded 480 gr Hornady bullets.

I shot the buffalo (also shown in my avatar) with one each soft then solid @ 2050 fps.
The range was about 40 paces or less for the first shot, as the bull was facing me.
My first bullet instantly knocked him off his hooves.
But, he got back up and ran, quartering away from me, left to right.

My second bullet (solid) also knocked him off his hooves, in a spectacular summersault and impressive cloud of dust.
Both shots proved fatal and no “insurance shot” was fired.
Blah blah blah whatever.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Anyway, glad you joined and I shall look forward to your hunt report.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog (Paul).

Attachments

• IMG_3495.png
    IMG_3495.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3498.png
    IMG_3498.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 9
Hello and welcome! Originally from Beaufort myself. Congrats on the booking, that should be a great hunt!

Good day! Welcome to AH!

Hello All!

Joining here from Charleston, South Carolina. Classic southeast flatland hunter excited for first trip to Africa. Booked with Buzz and CMS safaries next summer in Zim - Dande East. I’ve been reading and soaking up the knowledge here so thanks for all your willingness to share.

Keeping an eye out for a quality DR 470 as well. Would love to handle one in person if anyone is close!

Richard
Welcome to AH

Welcome from another Charleston based African hunter!

Good day! Welcome to AH!

Welcome to this great forum.

Welcome to AH!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsobelBerr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?