Inherited Elephant tusk

Kristin Gee

New member
Joined
Sep 22, 2018
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
hello, I recently Inherited an elephant tusk with the paper work. I’m unsure how to tell it or what to do with it. The paperwork says it’s from 1964 Any help would be appreciated
Thanks.
48E02328-0C41-4ABE-8AF7-8571139CEA22.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Nice tusk. Good luck on the sale.
 
That is a good question. My parents have pre-CITES ivory as well from when we lived in the far east in the late 60s and early 70s. How do you "certify" a thing that existed before such things were certified?
 
If you are in the USA your ability to sell that ivory is rather limited. Sale must be Intrastate. I would recommend keeping it.
 
So if someone owns one of these they can't take it to another state? What if you inherit it from someone who lives in a different state than you do?
 
Have all of you had your pre-ban, CITES Tusk questions answered?
It can be a very complicated matter to navigate. Depending on the situation and your plans for the items, I might have info and experience to share.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,327
Messages
1,572,994
Members
169,680
Latest member
lawyjawy
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top