Info on caracal hunting

62flint

AH fanatic
Joined
Jul 28, 2023
Messages
555
Reaction score
1,093
Media
3
Hunted
SA
My daughter and me are planning our second safari, She wants a caracal. I am curious as to how they are hunted, And can they be imported into the US ? I am thinking a night hunt ?
Thank you
 
Good day, Sir! PM sent!
 
My daughter and me are planning our second safari, She wants a caracal. I am curious as to how they are hunted, And can they be imported into the US ? I am thinking a night hunt ?
Thank you
Good day sir,
The only way to be serious about hunting a Caracal with very good odds is over hounds. We have a full time hound pack that operates in our area. Please let me know if we can assist in any way. Feel free to send me a Personal Mail here on the forum, or please send me an email at info@huntsafaris.co.za

Take Care,
Marius Goosen

20230413_083926.jpg

IMG20230428080941.jpg

IMG20230705095001.jpg

IMG20230419074137.jpg


Screenshot_20220630-150101_WhatsApp.jpg
 
My daughter and me are planning our second safari, She wants a caracal. I am curious as to how they are hunted, And can they be imported into the US ? I am thinking a night hunt ?
Thank you
Good day sir,

We hunt caracal with well trained packs of hounds. This is the best way to hunt them, yet not always successful. We had a client that was extremely lucky and shot 3 caracal in one day. Two were hunted with two separate hound packs, hunting on different properties to help increase the success of possibly hunting one. The third we spotted, by chance, at night time. Caracal can be imported into the US. Please contact us via a Personal Message on the forum or email us on ljsafaris@gmail.com. We like to chat to you further and look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
Juan Stander
LJ Hunting Safaris
Eastern Cape, South Africa
20190406_111029.jpg

IMG_20190406_090823.jpg

IMG_20190406_091315.jpg

IMG_0781.JPG

IMG-20190711-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20190708-WA0002.jpg


IMG-20190711-WA0009.jpg
 
My daughter and me are planning our second safari, She wants a caracal. I am curious as to how they are hunted, And can they be imported into the US ? I am thinking a night hunt ?
Thank you
Hounds is the most successful way. Importation isn’t an issue. I’d suggest reaching out to Jeff Ford with Lynx Safaris
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,315
Messages
1,572,619
Members
169,593
Latest member
PFCAbigail
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top