In memoriam - Sebastian Wicker

Red Leg

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Joined
May 19, 2009
Messages
16,051
Reaction score
86,307
Location
Texas
Media
409
Articles
7
Hunting reports
Africa
3
USA/Canada
5
Mex/S.Amer
3
Europe
8
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Zambia, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Hungary, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
For those of you who may hunted Mozambique, and particularly Coutada 14, I received bad news today. Coutada 14 has been under the management of Tony Wicker for many years. It has some of the finest buffalo and plains game hunting found anywhere in the Delta. Tony's son Sebastian had assumed most of the responsibilities for the hunting operation from Tony. Yesterday he passed away from what was believed to be the bite of a forest cobra. He was bitten while hunting buffalo. The first hospital to which he was evacuated was out of current anti-venom, and by the time he was further evacuated to Beira it was too late. Along with his father he leaves Amanda and their new baby.

For those of you who may have read my report or article about my last hunt to Mozambique, it was Sebastian who gave me eight A Frames to tide me over until my checked bag was found. With them I took a wonderful swamp buffalo. Both he and Amanda were the most delightful hosts imaginable. We are losing far too many of these special people.
 
Sad news indeed, prayers for the family.
 
A tragic loss. Hoping that those who knew and hunted with him will have the chance to share their stories and praise of him with the child one day.
 
Tragic and sad news. I did not know him him but it always make me sad when I see a new baby who will never know their father. Condolences to his family and loved ones.
 
Wow, what a tragedy. Condolences to his family. Sad news. :cry::cry:
 
That is terrible news. Prayers for his family.
 
Condolences to his family, another life gone too soon.
 
Rest in peace, it’s been a tough couple of years for Mozambique operators, last year it was Paul Ferreira in coutada 10 and now Sebastion. Prayers to all!
 
Prayers ...
 
Terrible news, prayers for the family in this difficult time!
 
Condolences to his family a friends on this great loss.

Very sad that a simple treatment was not available to him.
 
Rest in Peace, Sebastian.
 
Condolences to his family a friends on this great loss.

Very sad that a simple treatment was not available to him.
Makes you heartsick. No one should die from a snakebite in this day and age.
 
Thats rough news. RIP... So sad simple anti venom not available......
Bruce
 
That’s very sad to hear. Condolences to the family and friends.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,346
Messages
1,573,625
Members
169,774
Latest member
AlisiaStei
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top