Africa
thr pantheon of gun gods just increased by one

John Moses Browning
Sam Colt
Eugene Stoner
Paul Mauser
and now
Gaston Glock

Sad day. IMO, he designed and Glock manufactured the finest combat handgun EVER! Hands down! RIP Gaston Glock.

Glock had neither the first striker fired pistol nor the first polymer pistol. Those belonged to Borchart (1883) and H&K (1970). Nonetheless, his Glock 17 and the successor models made the striker-fired, polymer pistol the most popular style of handgun on the market.

Glock had neither the first striker fired pistol nor the first polymer pistol. Those belonged to Borchart (1883) and H&K (1970). Nonetheless, his Glock 17 and the successor models made the striker-fired, polymer pistol the most popular style of handgun on the market.
Henry Ford didnt invent the ICE or the automobile, either.

I never caught on to Glocks, they just don’t fit me well, if I shoot instinctively with one I hit way high.
No one, however, can deny how simple, sturdy, rugged, and reliable they are. Like CEH said it’s high in the running for best combat handgun.
May he rest in peace.

I tried the H&K platform several times and always went back to Glock.

I actually did not want to be one of the Glock disciples. But had to submit to the functionality

I like quality revolvers and 1911s trigger. And own S&W and other striker fire pistols.

But trained far more with the Glock.

it’s my warm and fuzzy lump under the belt.

Gaston Glock revolutionized the handgun industry. Companies that were making an all steel/aluminum semiautomatic pistol in 1980, were forced to adapt to the marketplace. Today it’s nearly inconceivable to have a pistol company without a polymer frame option.

Glock was making pistols, less expensive, faster manufacturing, higher capacity and lighter weight while the competition was left scrambling.

From humble beginnings making parts in his garage and test firing them in his basement, to the Austrian government contract that gave him his start, he always had a vision. A vision of a reliable pistol that was affordable to the masses.

Say what you want about the blocky look, crap triggers or “plastic” frame. The Glock pistol took over the industry…because they go bang every time.

I’d say that only the Browning M1911 pistol had a similar impact on the pistol community.

He will truly be missed. Rest in peace Gaston Glock.

There was that messy divorce though and a second wife, 50 years his junior.

There was that messy divorce though and a second wife, 50 years his junior.

I kinda like this picture of the 2nd Mrs. Glock. Gaston does look like the cat that just ate the canary in that picture.

1703780897558.png

William B Ruger??
Bill Ruger was a great dude, but his best stuff were more or less replicas of things that Browning and Mauser had already done. He simply didn't shake the market to its core the way those 5 men did.

Those guys re-invented the wheel. Bill Ruger was one of the best wheel makers ever, but nobody is copying his work because he didnt do anything fundamentally new or different.

Agreed; what he did was offer the (American) hunter/shooter reasonably priced, functional options. Without his intervention, I doubt that falling block rifles would be withing the financial aegis of most of us. For that, he deserves our thanks.

May Gaston Glock RIP.

His design might not be 100percent perfect but it isn't far off it and it goes bang when you pull the trigger.

I think we can add Mr. Kalashnikov to that list.

Strangely, Mr. Glock's casket was made of a new polymer, and the latches had no safety....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrankStanf

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?