IMPORTANT NOTICE: Temporary Firearms Movement Restriction

Thank you for the info, has any explanation been given as to the reason why? Can we expect more of these in the future?

Oh boy. It will be interesting to see the routes available into Mozambique without going through JNB. Are there any? I’ve only transited through JNB on my trips to Mozambique.

On Mozambique I would venture to guess this has something to do with terrorism?

Another reason I am glad I decided to rent a rifle from my PH for my June trip. No worries.

Invaluable information rifle permits. Thank you for keeping this community up to date.

Oh boy. It will be interesting to see the routes available into Mozambique without going through JNB. Are there any? I’ve only transited through JNB on my trips to Mozambique.

One would guess that there are European flights into Moz, but that may open another can or worms.

Ethiopian Airlines flies directly from Addis Ababa to Mozambique (Maputo). Flights to Beira stop in Malawi (no plane change).

I was advised by my travel agent and outfitter that this would be resolved in a couple of months. I guess we will see. I hope that it does. I got my 4457 stamped and signed by CBP today. There’s always option b.

Airlines like Qatar flies direct to Mozambique and some of their flights have an hour or layover in JNB without having to do a SAP form in JNB. Check with your travel agent how to bypass having to go through customs at JNB.

I'm headed to Mozambique in June. Flying from the U.S. to Jo'Burg. From there, I'm hunting Namibia for a week and then transiting back through JNB to Beria for another week in Mozambique. While I love my guns, they will be staying home. I will hire a rifle from the PHs. I've written on my new-found enthusiasm for renting rifles somewhere on here. I know its a controversial topic at times. I offer it as something to at least think about to reduce the stress of traveling (if you are prone to stress while traveling) and make getting into the field in Africa that much easier.

Great info though not welcome news. Thanks for keeping us informed!

Airlink comms.jpg

Airlines like Qatar flies direct to Mozambique and some of their flights have an hour or layover in JNB without having to do a SAP form in JNB. Check with your travel agent how to bypass having to go through customs at JNB.
Be careful though because some are now code shares with different rifle requirements. I know Qatar has farmed out to Oman Air for some Africa flights. With guns you always want to fly the same metal the whole way.

Be careful though because some are now code shares with different rifle requirements. I know Qatar has farmed out to Oman Air for some Africa flights. With guns you always want to fly the same metal the whole way.
Very true... this happened to me flying Turkish Air to Mongolia. The leg into Ulaan Bantor was actually the Mongolian airline even though showing Turkish and my rifle was left in Istanbul. Finally got it with one hunting day left on my trip! Always have your agent double-check when traveling with firearms...

Ethiopian airlines fly from Addis Ababa into Mozambique.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxseb

Latest profile posts

DEAR SIR/MADAM,
DO YOU NEED FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE TO ENLARGE YOUR BUSINESS?
WE HELP INDIVIDUALS AND COMPANIES TO OBTAIN FINANCE FOR BUSINESS
EXPANDING AND TO SETUP A NEW BUSINESS RANGING ANY AMOUNT. GET FINANCE AT AFFORDABLE INTEREST RATE OF 3% contact us Pacific landing Whatsapp +91, Seven, Three, 0, Three, Three, Eight, Two, Six, Three, One
NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?