Hunting The Most Dangerous Game

Hoas

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Looking back on the creative — yet budget-conscious — production of this influential Pre Code 1932 thriller, which has been remade numerous times since.
George E. Turner

An enormous Gothic door fills the opening frames of The Most Dangerous Game. The call of a distant hunting horn is heard as the camera moves in to examine the massive door knocker. It is fashioned as a centaur, its brute face twisted in agony, a metal arrow protruding from its breast. In hinged arms the creature holds the body of a girl whose torso forms the hammer. A man’s hand reaches into the frame, takes hold of the girl’s waist, and lets the hammer fall. Music builds as the main title dissolves in: Radio Pictures Presents A Cooper and Schoedsack Production…

Here was good news for the many 1932 moviegoers who were bored with the overly talky talkies then dominating the screen. It meant that two men who always made moving pictures were back.

Continue....

Screenshot_3.jpg

Looking back on the creative — yet budget-conscious — production of this influential Pre Code 1932 thriller, which has been remade numerous times since.
George E. Turner

An enormous Gothic door fills the opening frames of The Most Dangerous Game. The call of a distant hunting horn is heard as the camera moves in to examine the massive door knocker. It is fashioned as a centaur, its brute face twisted in agony, a metal arrow protruding from its breast. In hinged arms the creature holds the body of a girl whose torso forms the hammer. A man’s hand reaches into the frame, takes hold of the girl’s waist, and lets the hammer fall. Music builds as the main title dissolves in: Radio Pictures Presents A Cooper and Schoedsack Production…

Here was good news for the many 1932 moviegoers who were bored with the overly talky talkies then dominating the screen. It meant that two men who always made moving pictures were back.

Continue....

View attachment 638919
@Hoas - what is your point here? I know this movie well (and many other old movies) …this movie was mediocre to poor - even by 1932 standards and despite using several cast members from next years “King Kong” (Robert Armstrong & Faye Ray) this movie was no where near as good. But I guess the subject matter was unique

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buckwheatbuddy

Latest profile posts

akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia
TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!