Hunting in freezing weather

Pheroze

AH ambassador
Joined
Jul 6, 2013
Messages
5,576
Reaction score
9,990
Location
Ontario
Media
100
Articles
32
Hunting reports
Africa
2
USA/Canada
6
Member of
OFAH, DSC
Hunted
South Africa, Canada, USA
One challenge we can face in Canada hunting the late season is the poop stalagmite. When it's consistently subzero you can run the danger of being impaled in the loo at camp. Here's Jack doing the thankless task of breaking it down so he doesn't feel threatened by its prominence. We thank you Jack.

20201201_164155.jpg
 
Here’s to jack:D Barman:his Canadian status is confirmed by the flip flops and socks in the snow. Only a true Canadian could pull that off with a toque.
 
anther thing to fear
 
Who in his right mind would want to exist (I deliberately did not use the word "live") in a place where you may be impaled on your buddy's urine stalagmite!?! :oops:
 
Who in his right mind would want to exist (I deliberately did not use the word "live") in a place where you may be impaled on your buddy's urine stalagmite!?! :oops:
“Right mind” I believe is the key phrase. :)

I get to say that as Wisconsin isn’t much different.
 
“Right mind” I believe is the key phrase. :)

I get to say that as Wisconsin isn’t much different.
It's truly amazing what can unite people from different parts of the globe!
 
I lived in Thunder Bay for a few years, but don’t recall there being any permafrost. Why didn’t you dig the hole a little deeper? Just sayin!:A Stirring:
 
Now to be fair @Red Leg if your political scene is any indication shit can piled quite high in the u.s. as well.
 
I lived in Thunder Bay for a few years, but don’t recall there being any permafrost. Why didn’t you dig the hole a little deeper? Just sayin!:A Stirring:

I’ve seen the turd spear grow to 10’. Depth is no protection, just a bigger turdsicle to be impaled on should one slip.
 
I lived in Thunder Bay for a few years, but don’t recall there being any permafrost. Why didn’t you dig the hole a little deeper? Just sayin!:A Stirring:
Lesson learned! Next time we use the excavator
 
A good reason to wait until you get out to the bush!
 
When I got divorced in 2010, I moved up to Montana to decompress, work, and wave a Flyrod as much as I could.
When the summer work was over, I moved up by Bozeman to work, living in my 5th wheel trailer for the winter(Big mistake). My holding tank turned into a big frozen turdsickle. I don't think it thawed out until May. LOL

I was very happy to see the green grass of spring.
 
Here’s to jack:D Barman:his Canadian status is confirmed by the flip flops and socks in the snow. Only a true Canadian could pull that off with a toque.
A true Canadian would be crapping in the woods.
...in flip-flops, socks & a toque.
 
Who in his right mind would want to exist (I deliberately did not use the word "live") in a place where you may be impaled on your buddy's urine stalagmite!?! :oops:

No snakes! [emoji849]
 
I do a winter camp in NW. Wisconsin in February. We rent port a Johns for the weekend. There is a layer of yellow ice in the urinal by the end, and I think the seats are carpeted by the hair frozen on. (Kidding)

A friend tells about somebody he knew many years ago who went up somewhere in Alaska or Canada, and the had to go out to cut firewood in the middle of winter. The whole village went out. One guy had to answer the call of nature, so he slipped off a little ways. He was gone for a while so the the new guy went to check on him. He found the guy building fire (temps were something like -50). When he asked why, the old hand said in these conditions, you had to build a fire to go in, or you’d get frostbite on very sensitive areas.

I don’t know if it’s true, but it could be.
 
We had a uncovered box for a toilet at an elk camp in Montana. Due to snow, the seat was just an ice layer. It resulted in very fast seated sessions.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,361
Messages
1,574,175
Members
169,915
Latest member
calfenspomgro1984
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top