Hunting in Angola

Askari1

Reaction score
Member of
SCI, NAHC,NRA,DJV (German),
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Germany, USA incl Alaska
I am going to Angola - Africa on an extended business trip in a few months. Could I hunt there now? Who has some good info on Angola, i.e. legal requirements, outfitter names, necessary permits, game species available, areas etc? I know that Angola had decades of warfare but what is the current situation?

Angola

Contact Bob Kern, Hunting Consortium! He might just be able to point you in a direction.
I spoke to a school friend working up there. He mentioned a bottle of whiskey behind the seat. So I asked why? It is for times when traveling on roads that has not been used for a few years, after half a bottle mines does not seem to bother you that much!
Hentie

there are a few outfitters there and in full operation I am told..I won't book hunts there, too risky IMO....

It is not the safest place in the world and there are a lot of bad folks hanging around out in the bush there, and they don't mind killing anything or anybody..

I figure if I got one client killed, I would probably be out of business and I personally would never get over something like that.

I intend to stay below Kenya...It's not that far to Tanzania btw..

Hentie,
Are you kin to Barry Van Heerden and his brother A.J.

They have a Safari company in Tanzania..I booked for them many years ago.

Hello Ray,
Could you say who the outfitters are that you think are operating in Angola currrently. I talked to a lot of people at the Dallas Safari Club show last year and there seemed to be a few "looking into it", but nobody hunting yet. I heard Bob Kern was close to opening something up, but no news in a few months. I'll be living in Angola for the next 3-4 years so I'm very interested in finding out if someone is already hunting here. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anton12345