Marcos Rodriguez

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Mex/S.Amer
Hello hunters!
I write this lines after a long time without appears, sorry about thath but the "pandemy" and my occupations mantains me far away of the technollogy!
This hunt was carried out more than a year ago, in the southern Patagonia, 2000 km far of my home
Here, where I live, there are "guanacos"... the guanaco are a type of camel, native animal of the patagonia, a long time ago was severally hunted, in order to sell the skin and hear, but now this commerce are closed, there are guanaco farms that collect hair and export it, so the hunt at a commercial level is a thing of the past

Whath happened so? The guanacos proliferate!...
Farmers of the patagonia suffers loses of grass because the long heards of thousands of guanacos....
So, in several provinces of Patagonia, this animal who was "protected" yeasr ago by the law, now are declarate like a "plague"...
In other provinces, the hunting laws only allow to hunt them deportively...
So, at a part of a vacational travel, me and my two sons were to hunt guanacos...
The hunt is very difficult! The long desertical praires of the central Patagonia are permanently whipped by an unbearable wind of constantly 40 or 50 km/h in a calm day...
And the guanaco are a very suspicious animal, who permanently throttles at the minimum signal of human pressence
They moves away, and stops at a distance of more than 200 meters away sometimes with a cross wind... very difficult shots
There was a real challenge to the hunters, and the rifles! We use the "shorty" 308 win, with a 4x Nickel Supra scope and 150 gn Hornady SST bullet loading with 43 gn of A27 powder (An argentinian powder) and the "rolling"... an old but trusty Remington Rolling Block, 3030 caliber, loading with a Roun Nose Hornady 150 bullet, and 31 gn of A27.... The scope a Noris 4x32.... both scopes with a German 1 reticle

Some pics... All the shots at more than 250 meters away...

guanaco manu.jpg
guanaco mati.jpg
guanaco yo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good shooting. Looks like fun.
Bruce

Thanks for sharing your interesting hunt!

Interesting hunt and animal. Thanks for posting.

Congratulations on your hunt! well done!

Looks like an interesting hunt. Argentina was not issuing export permits for most native species, has that changed?

Thanks pals for writting!!!
LucasK, i think it´s like you´re expose...
Things, extrange things of my country.... Very rare! Here only are permited other "things"... better to not explain...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoGro

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia