Hunting France

D-Orcutt

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Has anyone hunted in France and brought a rifle from the states?

Hunted in France yes, brought a rifle yes, but not from the US.

Hunted in France yes, brought a rifle yes, but not from the US
Was the import paperwork a hassle to bring in a rifle? Reading and I guess you have to fill out forms for each rifle and each optic?

I’ve hunted in France, but always rented. The standard rental rifle in Europe seems to be a Blaser R8. European rental rifles are always very high quality.
I’ve flown through Paris on Air France with rifles. No issues at all.

I’ve hunted in France, but always rented. The standard rental rifle in Europe seems to be a Blaser R8. European rental rifles are always very high quality.
I’ve flown through Paris on Air France with rifles. No issues at all.
Ok thanks might end up using a rental, who did you hunt with when you went?

Was the import paperwork a hassle to bring in a rifle? Reading and I guess you have to fill out forms for each rifle and each optic?
For Europeans it is very simple, hunters license + European Weapons Passport + national weapons license. For non-Europeans I cannot comment unfortunately.

In France, and elsewhere in continental Europe, it is good to ask if you need yourself to request a visiting hunters license though. It depends on the outfit.

Headed to France in a few months. PH said don't bring a rifle, too much hassle (especially since we will tour a bit while there)

Ok thanks might end up using a rental, who did you hunt with when you went?
I hunted with a company called Acteon in south France in 2017 and 2018. They were both very good hunts.

Hunt Trip France

Headed to France in a few months. PH said don't bring a rifle, too much hassle (especially since we will tour a bit while there)
I hunted the French Alps for Mouflon and Chamois. Definitely wish I would have had my own rifle. Shots were 350+ with high winds.

I don’t think there is much hassle in bringing a sporting rifle. I spoke to another outfitter at DSC and he said no problem to bring my rifle next go around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertHurse

Latest profile posts

We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!

I live in Tyler Texas. I like Ruger single action revolvers Ruger rifles, and Marlin and Winchester lever guns.
SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,