SOUTH AFRICA: Hunting Cape Buffalo With HENRY GRIFFITHS SAFARIS In The Kalahari SA 28 May -1 June 2024

abe

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
A fantastic hunt for cape buffalo with @HENRY GRIFFITHS SAFARIS and his tracker Daniel in the Kalahari. After three days and 46 km on foot, I got the chance on a great old bull.

IMG_0883.jpeg

This was a big dream come true. A difficult hunt in dense bush with a lot of walking and tracking. We had several close encounters with buffalo before we finally got a good opportunity on the third day. Daniel the tracker did a fantastic job tracking in a difficult environment.

IMG_0858.jpeg

The bull was shot broadside at 60 yards with my Sauer 202 TD in 458 lott. The bullet was a Hornady DGX bonded 500gr at 2200 f/s and performed perfectly.

IMG_0869.jpeg

IMG_1195.jpeg

Big thanks to Henry and his staff for three unforgettable days, professionalism, humor and effort. Also a big thank you to Tanya and other staff for excellent food and accommodation at Wild Goose Lodge

IMG_0881.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0868.jpeg
    IMG_0868.jpeg
    6.1 MB · Views: 61
Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, thanks for posting.

Congratulations!

What was the closest town to where you hunted? What size was the property you hunted? Is this a tsetse fly area? (Are there tsetse flies in Namibia?)

Congrats on a great hunt and a wonderful trophy!!

What was the closest town to where you hunted? What size was the property you hunted? Is this a tsetse fly area? (Are there tsetse flies in Namibia?)
Pretty sure that the hunt was in RSA based on the title and the fact that it is a South African outfitter

Congrats, great bull :D Cheers:

My mistake, I have Namibia on the brain because I've been looking for buffalo hunts that are "dry country" and I the word Kalahari with Namibia, which I shouldn't. I just looked at a map and it looks like the country with the most Kalahari is Botswana.

I agree, that rifle looks amazing!

Congrats in a good bull and a great hunt any other trophies or animals taken on this trip?

After this hunt we went to Limpopo with Unzwa Safaris. There we hunted some plain games , and I was lucky to get a nice Nyala and a good Duiker. This was my second trip to RSA. Both times we booked through Unzwa Safaries who set up the hunts.

Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
js7880084

Latest profile posts

NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?