How to fly to Botswana with a hunting rifle from Australia without going through South Africa

Sjakon

Gold supporter
AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Life Member Sporting Shooters Association of Australia and Life Member NRA
Hunted
Indonesia and Australia
Hi guys. Can anyone tell me the best way to get to Botswana from Australia without transiting in South Africa. I want to avoid the hassle of getting a temporary South African firearms permit just transit to Botswana and later back again through South Africa.

You can fly Ethiopian or Qatar. They both have a good reputation for flying with guns. i agree with your sentiment but I do check into price and schedule and then decide how I will get there. For instance, next year I am going to Zim once again and wanted to skip JNB. My TA found a half price deal on Qatar business but we have to transit JNB.

Thank you Philip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elise15I75

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles