How to clean big bores?

mike23

New member
Joined
Jun 8, 2024
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi all, new here.

Question, I purchased a Weatherby deluxe recently in 460 Wby. I cannot find a bore guide anywhere to save my life for 458 cal and bigger. What do yall do with these bigger guns? Without a guide all that cleaner is gunna flow into the wood stock. Maybe clean it with the stock off?
 
The 460 Weatherby chamber diameter (10.6mm) is very similar to a 410 shotgun chamber diameter (10.4mm) so you could consider using a 410 cleaning kit
 
Bore-Max and MTM top out at .375 but it really is a non-issue. Just put some patches on the follower. I clean up to .685 with a .375 guide. All good.
 
Last edited:
Or look at possum hollow. I just checked with a friend and he confirmed this is where he had his made. I’ve never seen the need, but they will apparently make you a .458.

 

Attachments

Did possum go under? Left emails and multiple phone calls to no responses
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,361
Messages
1,574,180
Members
169,919
Latest member
BUILonna63
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top