How to clean big bores?

mike23

Reaction score
Hi all, new here.

Question, I purchased a Weatherby deluxe recently in 460 Wby. I cannot find a bore guide anywhere to save my life for 458 cal and bigger. What do yall do with these bigger guns? Without a guide all that cleaner is gunna flow into the wood stock. Maybe clean it with the stock off?

The 460 Weatherby chamber diameter (10.6mm) is very similar to a 410 shotgun chamber diameter (10.4mm) so you could consider using a 410 cleaning kit

Bore-Max and MTM top out at .375 but it really is a non-issue. Just put some patches on the follower. I clean up to .685 with a .375 guide. All good.

Last edited:
Or look at possum hollow. I just checked with a friend and he confirmed this is where he had his made. I’ve never seen the need, but they will apparently make you a .458.

Attachments

Did possum go under? Left emails and multiple phone calls to no responses

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NataliaBar

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles