How does the process of bringing back birds for taxidermy differ from plains game?

D-Orcutt

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Doing a 3 day waterfowl hunt in South Africa after a plains game hunt , how does the process of bringing back birds for taxidermy differ from plains game or is it the same system ?

This is one place where I’d consider having the work done over there.

Had a couple white hreasted crows done and no additional paperwork was required. Just listed them on the USF&W forms as wild.

From southern Africa, which has Newcastle Disease and/or Avian flu, according to the USDA Animal Products Manual page 3-20-10 table 3-20-5 it either has to be a fully finished mount or the unfinished skin must go to an approved facility. So the same as swine (warthog or bushpig) or zebra.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmyMcAuley

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles