Hornady’s Factory .275 Rigby - Reproduced Load Data

franzfmdavis

Gold supporter
AH veteran
Reaction score
For those who want to reproduce the ballistics of Hornady’s factory .275 Rigby 140gr Interlock SP, I came across this load data:

- 139gr Spire Points
- 47gr H-4350
- CCI #200 Primers
- Bullet seated just behind the front edge of the cannelure
- OAL 3.180”

This produces a velocity of 2,681fps.

For those who don't:

IMG_3927.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sitting on 11 boxes I think of the hornady loads.
My rifle is just an old mauser action but it's stamped with the rigby caliber designation.
I know they are not worth that price but don't want to shoot them up regardless. Lol
7x57 is much cheaper

I bought a case of the Hornady 275 ammo when I was waiting for Mama's Rigby. It is the least accurate 275/7x57 ammo I have shot. I tried it in numerous rifles. It is 2-3 MOA in everything. We use it for practice and if I am in a hurry for 275 stamped brass, I pull the bullet, dump the powder and put my own load in the brass.

Safe shooting

I bought a case of the Hornady 275 ammo when I was waiting for Mama's Rigby. It is the least accurate 275/7x57 ammo I have shot. I tried it in numerous rifles. It is 2-3 MOA in everything. We use it for practice and if I am in a hurry for 275 stamped brass, I pull the bullet, dump the powder and put my own load in the brass.

Safe shooting
I am guessing a heavier bullet, say 160-175 gr, would be the ideal weight bullet for hand loads. What has your experience been?

I am guessing a heavier bullet, say 160-175 gr, would be the ideal weight bullet for hand loads. What has your experience been?
That has been my experience. Mama's Rigby prefers 160-175gr bullets, but it also does well with the Barnes 140gr.

Safe shooting

I just got my HIghland Stalker and barrel is stamped stating that is regulated for a 140 grain bullet. I havent shot it yet so we shall see :/

BTW I was working on getting the scope installed today and was not able to use the Tally Quick Detach levers on the non-bolt side due to the placement of the bolt release.

I spoke with a rep at Tally and he confirmed its not possible on a Mauser 98. He recommended installing the levers on the bolt side perpendicular to the barrel so that they essentially run parallel to the rings.

Just thought I would pass this along in case its useful to anyone else.

While it is not necessary, I wanted quick detach ring so that I could have the option to use the iron sights.

I have a M.98 that will shoot everything from 130 to 175 grains into inch to inch and a half. Deer here are not very heavy and I use 139/140 grain. When I hunted elk, I used 150 Nosler Partition and never recovered one. The 160 should be splendid for all around use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KitClawson

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text (503) 724-8373. Email bhr324@gmail.com
Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available
booker wrote on Wesley's profile.
Christensen MPP 308 w/o brace
CZ 1012 12 ga
Tokarev TBP 12ga Bull Pup
Stoeger M3000 12ga
Springfield Prodogy 9mm
booker wrote on Wesley's profile.
Hello Wesley, on your M70 .416 do you only want cash or are you interested in trades?