Africa
Europe
Member of
SCI Nordic Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia
I have a question for you guys:
I`m going for a Hippohunt in June.
And a hippo shouldermount is to big for my livingroom.

Wich options do I have for a trophymount and what are there to prefer?

I`m aware of that it`s the teeth I can take care of for a trophy, I wonder, what will you guys prefer?

I took the whole skull without really knowing what to do with it. When it arrived I put it on top of the gun safe. That thing is so heavy that it was either that or on the floor somewhere. When people come over for some reason I get asked more about the hippo skull than anything else. I am happy that I chose to keep it.

DSC02676.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If you cant do a shoulder, bring the whole skull home. Then when you get home you can decide to leave it as a skull or just take the teeth and put on a plaque .

under a glass coffee table? my skull is in my trophy room on the floor

I am also planning for a hippo hunt this year, and this is what I will do with it

UcmA9XX.jpg

Attachments

• UcmA9XX.jpg
    UcmA9XX.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 101
If you have floor space you can always do a very cool ascending open mouth partial shoulder mount with artificial water and reeds.

When I hunt hippo my plan is to have a low octagon base with the skull laying in artificial water with reeds around it. Possibly add some led lighting under the water.

I took the whole skull without really knowing what to do with it. When it arrived I put it on top of the gun safe. That thing is so heavy that it was either that or on the floor somewhere. When people come over for some reason I get asked more about the hippo skull than anything else. I am happy that I chose to keep it.

View attachment 328696

this is what I am doing as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonSteffen

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well