rcarpenter

AH member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
North American Falconers Association
Hi everybody,

I'm Ryan. I've been reading on the forum for a long time and even joined several years ago before my first trip but couldn't find my old info.

I took a photo safari in Kenya almost 10 years ago now, and fell in love with Africa. I've been trying to find a way to make it back and it's looking like I may be able to make it happen in the next year or so. I'm sure that I'll be asking a ton of questions.

A bit about me, I'm a falconer, fly fisherman, and photographer in my spare time. I'm in shipping for work and attending school. I do some big game hunting here in Idaho but primarily small game and wingshooting.

Thank you all for being such a wonderful resource!

Welcome to AH, Ryan from the Panhandle!

Giday Ryan and welcome to the A H forums where every manner of guns and hunting addiction is catered for and encouraged.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH! Are you at Boise State?

Welcome back to AH

Rcarpenter I'm glad to see that you've returned. Please tell us a little more about you as a hunter. You mentioned small game and wingshooting, what about larger critters? What firearms do you own? What are you thinking about hunting in Africa?

Welcome Ryan... PLENTY fly fishing in African countries to add on to your hunt. I NEVER go on any hunt without my fly rods and a fly or ten!!

Howdy, welcome aboard!

Welcome to AH Ryan! Looking forward to seeing pictures of your birds of prey and to having you participate. If you let me know via PM what email you used to originally join AH I could merge both account if you wanted to reflect the date that you originally joined.

Ryan, welcome to the AH forum! Idaho has some awesome diversified country!

Hi Ryan, welcome to AH !

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Phil - I used to be, but now I am taking classes online after deciding to really switch directions.

Shootist - I do some larger game hunting as well. Primarily Mule Deer, but some Whitetail and Elk as well. As far as firearms, I have a bunch, but my primary hunting rifle is a pre-64 Winchester Model 70 in .270win. My friend and I are looking at a couple of different plainsgame packages that include kudu, wildebeest, impala, and warthog but we are still early in the planning stage.

Bruce - I know there was in Kenya while I was there. I'll definitely plan on taking my fly rods with me just in case!

Jerome - Thank you! I'll definitely start a thread on my falconry birds. It is definitely an interesting way of hunting, and I know that it is popular in parts of Africa as well. I'll definitely send you a PM.

Ridgewalker - It does, for sure! It's one of the things I love about it. There are few places in the world that could entice me to leave at this point.

Hello rcarpenter,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Also, fellow AH member, 1dirthawker is a Falconer.
No doubt he’d enjoy comparing notes with you on that topic.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

Ryan welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH @rcarpenter! Nice to have you on the posting side, looking forward to reading your posts.

Welcome to AH Ryan! Nice to have you as part of our community, really looking forward to your input.

Welcome to AH and the posting side Ryan! Great to have you here and we are looking forward to you sharing your stories!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deaner20

Latest profile posts

Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.
Ready for the next hunt