Heym anyone?

ian-bradley

AH senior member
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
94
Reaction score
158
Location
Ponchatoula
Media
29
Hunted
Namibia
Hi all, really looking to see if anyone here shoots a Heym sr30 or sr21? I’m itching for one in 30-06, hoping to handle one while in town at Heym USA.

Thank You
 
I have the older KR1 in .270 which I like a lot. It is extraordinarily accurate. The SR 21 is a lovely rifle in a fairly traditional format. I suspect it would be a very easy rifle to love. I am not so sure about the SR 30. Let me hasten to add, I own Blaser R8's and love their straight pull actions. However, I really don't like the shape of the SR30 bolt. It sticks straight out like Mosin Nagant or some other military rifle from the first of the last century. I assume it is efficient - but damn. :(
 
The Heym SR 30 in 7 mm 08 Remington Magnum is used by a close friend of mine on Game up to the size of a black bear . He even used it for Moose . He is very fond of his one. I have held it and taken a few practice shots with it but not on game . I cannot speak of the .30-06 model as l never fired one. But the 7mm 08 Remington Magnum Model , l can highly recommend
 
You are more than welcome to come to SA and shoot mine...

Haven’t put a round through her yet but have played with the action a bunch and it smooth as butter. Not as good as my Sauer mod 90 but close.
 
The Heym SR 30 in 7 mm 08 Remington Magnum is used by a close friend of mine on Game up to the size of a black bear . He even used it for Moose . He is very fond of his one. I have held it and taken a few practice shots with it but not on game . I cannot speak of the .30-06 model as l never fired one. But the 7mm 08 Remington Magnum Model , l can highly recommend

7mm 08 Remington Magnum?
 
Hi all, really looking to see if anyone here shoots a Heym sr30 or sr21? I’m itching for one in 30-06, hoping to handle one while in town at Heym USA.

Thank You
Yes, I have an SR-30 Stainless barrel in .308 and 2 SR-21s (6.5 and 9.3x62) The SR-30 is my regular hunting rifle, it shoots incredibly well. More accurate than me. I have had issues with 6.5 but the 9.3x62 shoots just as well as the SR-30 and is very, very accurate.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,456
Messages
1,576,673
Members
170,618
Latest member
JedSutter6
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top