Heym 450NE TX Hog & some CEB Regulation pics

ACM

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Yesterday evening, 60yds, a 500gr TSX was enough :). Still had the RMR on because I’ve been working up some regulation loads with CEB Raptors & Safari Solids.
IMG_6403.jpeg
IMG_6395.jpeg
IMG_6391.jpeg

So you higher FPS with less powder?

HH
Yes the 470 is a lighter bullet, so it is faster with the same powder charge, still a bit faster 1 grain below the solid charge.
Here is a pic of grouping with equal powder charge sending the 470 @ 2240fps. I should have shot this load at 100yds to see if it crossed, I have never had this rifle cross.
IMG_6393.jpeg

Excellent post. I will be playing with the 458 Lott this week / shooting 500 grain ceb solids and 470 raptors. Love the pig photo.

HH

Excellent post. I will be playing with the 458 Lott this week / shooting 500 grain ceb solids and 470 raptors. Love the pig photo.

HH
Thank you. The Lott is excellent. I will also be loading up some CEB’s for it.

Gotta like that performance. Heym is arguable building the best double for the "normal" range of money right now.

A picture of a dead piggy always helps me start my day with a chuckle, thanks-

No shipping cost’s involved

Lon

Idk what it is about the 88, .. for the good. Beautiful, thank you.

Reactions: ACM
Nice!
Heym 450 Nitro Express, stopping a charging hog. :cool:
Probably didn't take 3 steps.

Seriously, that is a very nice rifle, love the wood.
Accuracy and regulation nice.

Tell us about your upcoming safari!
Thank you. All have taken 0 steps :)

Headed to Niassa MOZ w/ Kwalata Safaris Aug 6th. Cape buffalo first on the menu.

Thank you. All have taken 0 steps :)

Headed to Niassa MOZ w/ Kwalata Safaris Aug 6th. Cape buffalo first on the menu.

Hopefully there will be two less buff by the time you get there.....the countdown for me and @AZ KJ is winding down to days to departure.

Ok @PHOENIX PHIL and @AMC Best of luck to you both. We are about a month behind AMC and two to Phil. My wife and I are looking at a couple OLD ragged buffs.

Like the 450NE by the way.

I really would love to find a 450-3.25 but so far no luck. I would sell my other doubles for a 450-3.25
and just keep it and the 450-400 that has been great>. the 470NE is not been any fun just unpleasant to shoot in a Heym 88, shot a PH's V-C in 470 and it was even worse! His 500 NE Chapuis was much more pleasant to shoot than any 470NE I've shot but except for elephant I see no advantage in a 500!
PM me if u ever decide to sell this rifle!

I’ve never understood why the 450 nitro isn’t more popular these days. It seems that it should be a shoe in for the most popular double cartridge in existence. Cheap components readily available, all the power most people need, Brass should be less expensive to manufacture. Ect etc etc.
Excellent shooting BTW!

Excellent shooting, beautiful rifle. That might be the only good thing about having hogs around, plenty of targets of opportunity!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sara29R474

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]