Herters U9 Stock ?

Mully

AH member
Joined
Mar 21, 2021
Messages
45
Reaction score
54
After reading the BSA thread below I thought this would be a great place to ask if anyone knows where I could get a stock for a Herters U9 in .264 Win Mag? It's a BSA action. Numrich gun parts had some advertised as old stock BSA but the action length was wrong. Any info would be appreciated!
 
There are at least a couple of Herters U9 stocks blanks on Ebay.
 
Heaters! LOL Thats what they used to call guns in the Roaring 20's!
Not that I was there or anything like that... I cop to being a curmudgeon but am only a year younger than Joe! So call me anything you like, just dont call me late for lunch!
 
Well darn. Here I was thinking it would be a thread about heating German U Boats. :E Shrug:
 
Sorry, darn spell correct that I didn’t catch. Anyone know what action length they called the Winchester Magnum family of cartridges?
 
I ordered a long from Numrich and it was too short.
 
Hmmm, well I dont think they made an extra long. According to the book, BOLT ACTION RIFLES, the U9 came in two lengths only. One for the shorter rounds and one for the '06 and short mags, .300 Win etc. He also notes that the U9 actions were longer than their BSA counterparts for the same rounds. That may be the problem.
May have to keep looking to find a U9 stock.
 
That is what I think the problem was, but it was advertised as a U9 stock made by BSA. So still looking.
 
That is what I think the problem was, but it was advertised as a U9 stock made by BSA. So still looking.
They likely didnt know there was any difference.
 
I agree. They sure didn't edit the item after I told them. It's still listed on their site.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,287
Messages
1,571,757
Members
169,409
Latest member
HopeBelche
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top