Hello from KS

KSWildcat

AH member
Joined
Aug 27, 2018
Messages
14
Reaction score
24
Media
1
Hi,
My name is Aaron.
I live in South Central KS. Work in Ag retail.
I've been reading around on this forum for a while and it has me longing to experience Africa. My 5 year old boy is hung up on watching Africa related nature shows on Netflix, and always asking how much it'll cost and he wants to go too.

Anyway, it's great to be a member, I don't have any experience to contribute, but sure enjoy being here.
 
Good to have you.
Welcome to AH
 
Welcome aboard!
 
Welcome to AH from Kansas City. My 8 year old son asks me the same questions about Africa.
 
Welcome to AH Aaron! I think it's time to start saving for a father & son safari ;). Glad to have you here, I'm sure you have plenty to share.
 
Welcome! Just across the border from you south, if you come this way p.m. me and we can chat
 
Welcome to our place Aaron
 
Welcome aboard KSWildcat. Keep that boy interested in hunting Africa. He'll prove to be a valuable asset when it comes to getting the "boss's" buy in in a couple of years. I've heard there are some big deer in Kansas, have you nailed one of them yet?
 
Hi Aaron, welcome to AH !

You are not thinking of disappointing your boy, are you ?
 
Aaron, welcome to you and your son to AH. We’re glad to have young guys and their kids involved. After all you are the future of our great sport!
My granddaughter is motivating me on my fifth Africa hunt and taking her along in 2020. I’d be willing to bet you a cup of coffee in a few years your son might just motivate you to take him!
Enjoy!
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome sir! I live in Overland Park!
 
Welcome to AH. I live south of Manattan Kansas
 
Welcome to AH Aaron. I married a south central Kansas girl 20+ years ago. She’s from St John. Her dad still lives there.
I’m taking her to Africa next May for her first time- my second.
Just start saving, planning , and do it. You’ll be hooked.
 
Welcome to AH, Aaron!
 
Hi,
My name is Aaron.
I live in South Central KS. Work in Ag retail.
I've been reading around on this forum for a while and it has me longing to experience Africa. My 5 year old boy is hung up on watching Africa related nature shows on Netflix, and always asking how much it'll cost and he wants to go too.

Anyway, it's great to be a member, I don't have any experience to contribute, but sure enjoy being here.
Welcome KSWildcat! Let's start planning that 'once in a lifetime' first time African Safari with your boy...
 
Thanks all. I haven't been on since I posted that last one.
I am excited to be here, and a little surprised how close some of you are to me.

No, I haven't met up with a big whitetail, may never get one. I only hunt family farm ground and there are others already on the best spot. I am content to shoot for meat unless a big one shows up. I have taken an 8, and a 9 point, but they were average size, not what you would call trophies.
 
37456451416_9c6aecb557_z.jpg

Here is a picture of my son Michael with the first coyote we called together. This was a year ago in October.
I hope when he is older he will still want to go, and we'll be in a position to pay for a father/son hunt. He just started shooting the .22LR this year, but I mean just twice so far.
 

Attachments

  • 37456451416_9c6aecb557_z.jpg
    37456451416_9c6aecb557_z.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 265
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Aaron! We look forward to your participation!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,427
Messages
1,575,888
Members
170,443
Latest member
meltpeakkde
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top