Hello from Canada

secretazure

Reaction score
New to this forum. I enjoy hunting and fishing in the northern reaches of my rugged country, and have some great experiences. Next expedition will be in Namibia!

I pretty much have limited my tools to a few brands and calibres, my favourites being proven classics: 6.5x55, 7x57, 7x64, 9.3x62 and 30-06. You can have the boutique cartridges!

I am a huge Brno 21/22 and ZG-47 fan, and seem to always collect more of them. BTW, looking for a ZG-47 bolt, or just the bolt body.

Cheers,
SA

Welcome to AH

Hello there. Welcome! I'm in BC. You will love Namibia.

Welcome aboard!

Secretazure, welcome to the AH forum! Lots of excellent info here! Enjoy!

Welcome to AH secretazure!

Giday secretazure and welcome to the A H forums where every manner of guns and hunting addictions are catered for and encouraged.

Welcome aboard secretazure. You will find AH a very friendly place. What have you hunted previously? What are you planning to hunt in Namibia? Good luck finding your ZG-47 bolt and or bolt body. Where have you looked or advertised for one previously?

Welcome to AH !

New to this forum. I enjoy hunting and fishing in the northern reaches of my rugged country, and have some great experiences. Next expedition will be in Namibia!

I pretty much have limited my tools to a few brands and calibres, my favourites being proven classics: 6.5x55, 7x57, 7x64, 9.3x62 and 30-06. You can have the boutique cartridges!

I am a huge Brno 21/22 and ZG-47 fan, and seem to always collect more of them. BTW, looking for a ZG-47 bolt, or just the bolt body.

Cheers,
SA
Welcome to AH. You will love our Namibia. Beautiful place and great hunting

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH fellow Cannuck. Be prepared to get the addiction, Namibia will certainly get her African hooks in you.

MB

Welcome to AH best place on the interwebs for everything related to African hunting and much much more.

Welcome to AH!

Cheers,
SA

Hello secretazure,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Likewise, I too am very fond of all the various Brno, “Mauser-like” models of hunting rifles.
Within my toy box, the favorite rifle of all time for me is, my Brno Model 602, caliber .375 H&H.
Also, I have a 1960’s vintage Brno .22 Hornet that, I’m also very happy with.
I am envious of your collection, all of them but, especially the 7x64 caliber.

Any of the calibers you have will do very well in Namibia.
However, unless hunting eland, I would choose the 7x64.
If eland is part of your plans, I would suggest the 9.3x62.
That said, since you live in big game habitat, no doubt you know as much or more than I do, about using the right caliber for the size of quarry you are hunting.

Thanks for joining the forum.

Best regards,
Velo Dog.

Hi gents; thank you for the welcome! All the cartridges I listed have proven themselves over and over on the largest bears on my continent--it's all in shot placement. I have an affinity for my 7x57 handloads. For Africa, however, I would lean towards 9.3x62. I am not sure what game I am most interested in, but eland would be fantastic. I also fancy warthogs and hear they're good eating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AddieWhitt

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]
Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa