Heading to Namibia in a week

AtlBGhunter

AH senior member
Joined
Oct 16, 2019
Messages
62
Reaction score
186
Location
Atlanta, GA
Media
48
Hunting reports
Africa
4
I am heading back to Namibia in a week. I'm so fired up to be heading back and I'm also bringing my dad along for his first African hunt. We are not traveling with rifles so travel shouldn't be too bad. However I have a couple questions if anyone has traveled in the post covid world.
1)Any tips for Ethiopian airways? We are up front in cloud nine. It looks like we 1:30 connection in addis abba. Is that going to be a problem? Are they super strict on masks etc?
2)besides proof of negative Covid test...did you bring vaccination card for those who have been vaccinated?

Thanks for any help and ill make sure to do a full debrief when we are back!
 
Up front on cloud nine is pretty comfortable ! I haven’t been on Ethiopian in nearly two years now. 11/2 hours is tight in Addis Ababa but on one occasion we were late getting the wheels up out of Madrid (?) and staff met us at the bottom of the stairs when we landed in Addis and shuttled us onto buses and straight off to our connecting flights. Our luggage made it also, except my ammo but that’s another story.
 
I know many who have taken this flight and the tight connection has not been a problem.
 
Flew Ethiopian from Dulles to WDH Apr 22 and returned May 5. No problems. Flight was nearly full both ways. Nothing good or bad to report. Economy seats were tight but even my 6’ 3 or 4” brother managed. I’d do it again though I’d like to try Qatar some time.
We also were concerned about the 1 1/2 hr connection in Addis Ababa but we made it even with the added hassle of having to have a rifle serial number verified before boarding. We were one of five groups doing this on that flight.
We had vaccination cards but no one asked to see them. They did check Covid test results both ways. Covid testing in Windhoek was arranged by our PH Johann Veldsman (Shona Hunting Adventures). We had it done several days in advance of our flight but actually had results within 6 hrs or so. Cost was less than $50. Had a great time. Hope to post a hunt report this weekend.
Any specific questions, feel free to PM.
 
Btw, everyone on the flight was pretty good about keeping masks on. The flight attendants did make general announcements on the PA when they saw folks not wearing them. Also, rules are changing all the time these days it seems. I’d take the vaccination card just in case.
 
Rarely but sometimes can happen that your luggage wont be at your plane and you cant afford to wait day or two for your gun to come with next plane. To reduce the risk ask guys at info desk in Ethiopia if they can confirm that your luggage incl gun is loaded at your plane. Just in case
Enjoy in beautiful Namibia!
 
Good luck!! Looking forward to your hunt report!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,300
Messages
1,572,090
Members
169,493
Latest member
CortneyRen
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top