Heading to East Cape in two weeks!

superdutch

AH enthusiast
Joined
May 19, 2016
Messages
271
Reaction score
287
Location
Jacksonville, Florida
Media
13
Articles
1
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Member of
SCI & NRA life member
Hunted
Tanzania ('21, '18), SA East Cape (‘19), Namibia ('15,'17,'23,'24), Spain (‘23), New Zealand ('25) USA - AK, CO, ID, NM, SC, FL, GA, WI, TX, MI
As the heading suggests, I am heading to the East Cape to hunt with Tollie's African Safaris in two weeks (Flight 200 on May 31)! The hunt was generously donated by Tollie's to my local SCI, where I purchased it at auction. The package includes the springbuck slam and a Nyala. This will be my 4th safari; I previously hunted Namibia twice for plains game and Tanzania for buffalo and plains game. I am looking for suggestions on species endemic to the area that ought to be added to my list. My general approach is to see what Africa offers me, but at the same time, I am looking to add animals I haven't hunted, particularly those in their native range. So, what do you think? What is the must hunt for the east cape? Is it the blue duiker?
 
Cape Bushbuck

Blue Duiker
Oribi
Cape Grysbok
 
He has some very Nice Copper Springbuck and Black Impalas . Hearing the Lions in the middle of the night is amazing.
 
I haven’t been but have a good friend operating there. Cape bushbuck a kudu would be at the top of my list. Beans is big into the little guys native to the mountains there. Not really my thing but if that is what interests you I’d go for it.
 
Great advice! I was planning on the black wildebeest and Bush buck, and maybe some of the little guys. Kudu are always fun to hunt, and for some reason I hadn't really thought of the Cape kudu!
 
  • Like
Reactions: WAB
Get all you can..... much easier paying for it, than trying to figure out if, when or how you will ever get back!!!!
 
Get all you can..... much easier paying for it, than trying to figure out if, when or how you will ever get back!!!!
Hard to argue with that advice! I might add a giraffe too. With the ESA lawsuits etc. i.think it might be time to add one for the trophy room before I lose the chance!
 
What ever you take, best of luck on your adventure!
 
Bush buck, vaal rhebuck, mountain reedbuck... The list goes on. Good luck and shoot straight.
 
What everyone else said, and bushpig.
 
Have an awesome time! looking forward to a trip report! :)
 
Thanks for all the great suggestions! So many possibilities, so little dinero!
 
Best of luck! Go after cape kudu and bushbuck for sure!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,285
Messages
1,571,699
Members
169,399
Latest member
JulianePon
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top