Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Hunted
South Africa (Limpopo, Eastern Cape & Kalahari), Nicaragua, FL, CA, SD, GA, SC, CO
In preparation for my 2025 safari to the Eastern Cape, I was wondering if anyone has flown Delta flight with firearms from Atlanta to Cape Town, and then flown Interlink to Pt Elizabeth? Here are some of my concerns/questions to those who have gone this route.
- Would traveling with firearms to Cape Town be the same as traveling through Joburg?
- Are there firearms clearing services in Cape Town like the ones in Joburg?
- Places to stay like Afton House or Africa Sky?

When I hunted the EC, I took Delta to Joburg and then Airlink to Port Elizabeth. This time around, my wife is coming with me, and we were thinking of playing tourist for 3 days in Cape Town. I'm going to ask Travel Express, if we could arrive in Joburg, and then depart from Cape Town to Atlanta, to have options. Any inputs are welcome.

Just came through Cape Town.
Great place to spend a few days in. Make sure your hotel will accept your weapons, some don't from what I was told. We stayed at the Victoria and Alfred Hotel, on the water, can walk to everything.
The transfer of firearms with SAP is very easy. Airline brings your weapons strait to the SAP counter, they check the permit, look at the weapon, ask for the ammo count and you are done. Very easy.
I can't speak for Delta as I flew United, they were good inbound with the weapons but atrocious outbound.
Airlink connection to our destination was uneventful also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bertie03O6

Latest profile posts

NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?