Hartmann vs mountain zebra

Jamie D Van Roekel

AH enthusiast
Joined
Mar 19, 2015
Messages
398
Reaction score
550
Media
1
Hunting reports
Africa
1
I have a friend that is interested in shooting a mountain zebra. The way I understand it mountain zebra can’t be imported into the States, but the Hartmanns can. If you google it they are the same as best I can tell. So my question is can we import either, if so which? and what are the differences? He is crazy over a “horse” with a dewlap.
 
I believe there are two sub species of mountain zebra, the Hartmans in Namibia and the Cape mountain Zebra in South Africa. At one time the Cape was listed as an endangered species by US Fish and Wildlife.
 
I believe there are two sub species of mountain zebra, the Hartmans in Namibia and the Cape mountain Zebra in South Africa. At one time the Cape was listed as an endangered species by US Fish and Wildlife.

Correct. The Hartmann's is CITIES II and importable. I would have to check on the other.
 
I believe there are two sub species of mountain zebra, the Hartmans in Namibia and the Cape mountain Zebra in South Africa. At one time the Cape was listed as an endangered species by US Fish and Wildlife.
This is correct
 
I have a mountain (Hartmans) zebra from Namibia that is at Kanati for taxidermy. I shot it in Nov 2021 and it arrived in October 2022. These are indeed importable.
 
Andrew62 did a report recently wherein he killed a cape mtn zebra-which is not importable.
Hartmans may be imported and have the dewlap your friend desires-they are a namibia specialty
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,287
Messages
1,570,675
Members
168,937
Latest member
JaredWakeh
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top