Guess RSA is not opening anytime soon...

Tanks

AH ambassador
Joined
Aug 2, 2014
Messages
7,305
Reaction score
27,224
Media
128
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Just got notice that my July 28th departure to J'Burg and August 21 return flights are canceled by Turkish airlines.

I was expecting it, but still disappointed.

If Zimbabwe opens prior to August 15th I will take Emirates to go there. After that it does not give me much time to get ready for USPSA Nationals in October, so will push to 2021.
 
Just got notice that my July 28th departure to J'Burg and August 21 return flights are canceled by Turkish airlines.

I was expecting it, but still disappointed.

If Zimbabwe opens prior to August 15th I will take Emirates to go there. After that it does not give me much time to get ready for USPSA Nationals in October, so will push to 2021.

Yep even when you know it’s going to happen it still disappoints!
 
We had an announcement a few days ago that more of economy is opening up , like casinos , cinemas , sit down restaurants , some hotels and other accommodation establishments.

There is progress and by doing that I can't see international travel being left closed for another 6 months.The tourism industry is working hard to be ready by Sept.

Keep the faith

We will see you all soon!
 
Fingers crossed
 
...The tourism industry is working hard to be ready by Sept.
...

Well, I was going to RSA as a stopover on the way to Zim. Now, will have to look for direct options if Zim opens up. Also, a girlfriend was going to meet me at Victoria Falls after the hunt for a few days. She was taking SAA from NYC. Now, that is off the table too regardless of what happens as no easy way to get to Victoria Falls even if Zim opens.
 
October? :LOL::LOL::LOL:

That would mean 2020 is done for RSA hunters for the most part. Hopefully no issues for 2021, flights are only part of it. The countries have to allow travel without quarantine at both ends.
 
The countries have to allow travel without quarantine at both ends.

Absolutely! I am not going anywhere that there is even the remote possibility that I may have to quarantine.
 
It is really frustrating to me that Delta won;t just refund my tickets now, though they know RSA will certainly not be open for a mid-august arrival.
 
I could be persuaded to quarantine with a couple of nubile females in a resort environment. Kinda like Club Med. ;)
Yeah, if your hunt is FUBAR, next best thing!
 
It is really frustrating to me that Delta won;t just refund my tickets now, though they know RSA will certainly not be open for a mid-august arrival.

I have the same issue with SAA with a girlfriend's ticket from NYC to Victoria Falls. I have to let them cancel, and then let the CC company deal with refunds.
 
I read yesterday that the government is expecting a February 2021 opening to international travelers. So you can cancel your hunt this year. I had mine in may, moved it to August. Then moved it to next may. Then read the February date and wanted to give a buffer in case. So yesterday I moved it again to late June 2021.
 
I could be persuaded to quarantine with a couple of nubile females in a resort environment. Kinda like Club Med. ;)
.........Perhaps I could set you up.......FWB
IMG_7762.jpg
 
Just out of interest if a country opened up ( other than SA)with no quarantine at either end , and flights were available would people jump at chance of short notice hunts?

This is something I would certainly consider.
 
I have done some short notice hunts in the past. You never know....
Bruce
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,302
Messages
1,572,126
Members
169,496
Latest member
SimonPoe43
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top