Greetings from Walla Walla, Washington

Walla Walla Wino

Reaction score
Hi all, I am heading to South Africa in less then 2 weeks. I still am a little confused about the tipping issue. I found some articles on it, but they were from 14 years ago, pre-Covid. If anyone can point me to updated information on tipping that would be great! Thanks!

60 pages and counting on tipping ...Enjoy!

Welcome to AH WWW, where are you going to and what would you like to hunt?

Greetings from Utah. Welcome to the site, a great place to bone up on information before your trip. Tipping is a personal choice. Only thing I would add is to take some gifts for favorite ph or tracker or cook BUT cash is king. Keep track of the conversion from/to USD

:S Welcome: From Kennwick

Welcome aboard!

We are heading to Gravelotte for the hunting portion of the trip. Probably go after kudo, impala, blue wildebeest, and then we will see. Hunting with Hannes Swanepoel Safaris. www.hannesswanepoelsafaris.co.za
Hannes is a good dude. I saw him at the tri city sportsman show this year. Glad to see your booked with him. @Velo Dog has hunted with multiple times and introduced us years ago. I have not hunted with Hannes, but I am sure you will have a blast

Welcome!!
I lived in Walla Walla from 1996-2012...and my oldest son still lives there.
There is a lot of good info here regarding tipping.
I went to SA last June and we tipped based off of our experience and what we were comfortable with for each person involved in our hunt. We had a great time and I will be returning in 2024 and also in 2025.

Welcome! Unfortunately, I'm stuck on the west side of the state...Wish you a great journey and look forward to reading/ seeing your trip report. As for tipping, I still pretty much budgeted based on the dialog in the past posts. Those recommendations still seemed in line with the more experienced folks I have heard speak on the matter.

Giday and welcome to the A H forums.

Welcome from a Washington mossback, the wet side.

We once hunted a property in that area so my son could have a crack at an oryx, got a nice one there.

Hello Walla Walla Wino.

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Hannes Swanepoel indeed is a very good chap, as mentioned by Mekaniks already.
I predict that you will have a great time there with him and his crew.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Welcome to AH Walla Walla Wino! Enjoy your time in Africa and safe travel.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome aboard Walla Walla Wino, Hannes Swanepoel Safaris is a great outfitt and the Gravellotte area is a great area to hunt, i guide hunts there alot, not for Hannes but for another outfitter. Enjoy

Good day! Welcome on AH! Safe travel and enjoy South Africa!!

Welcome to AH! Nice to have you as part of our community, really looking forward to your input.

Hi all, I am heading to South Africa in less then 2 weeks. I still am a little confused about the tipping issue. I found some articles on it, but they were from 14 years ago, pre-Covid. If anyone can point me to updated information on tipping that would be great! Thanks!
Welcome to AH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fairyrock

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]