Greetings from the Show Me state

S.W. Smith

AH senior member
Joined
Jul 28, 2015
Messages
71
Reaction score
87
Location
Missouri
Member of
NRA
My name is S.W Smith. By trade I am a professional writer. My goal over the next year and a half while I finish my bachelor's degree is to create my own motorcycle adventure and hunting show. I recently got into hunting about 2 months ago and was inspired by Corey Knowlton's appearance on the Joe Rogan Podcast; coupled with a serious binge of Jim Shockey's Uncharted and Solo Hunter.

No one in my family hunted growing-up, and despite shooting bows and guns since I was twelve I never gave hunting much thought. I was never against hunting, but I never considered doing it. I have been fishing since I was a very young child so the concept of catching my own food was never foreign to me. Something sparked inside me recently though with the thought of learning to hunt and becoming a hunter. I have this insatiable drive to immerse myself in the hunting culture and lifestyle. As I have been learning, I have given myself to truly understanding and appreciating the complex and diverse world of hunting.

This fall will be my first hunt ever. I have two different landowners that are going to take me hunting on their property for white-tailed deer, my barber is going to take me turkey hunting during bow season, and I am hoping to get a cougar tag in Washington State when I go to visit family for Christmas.

I decided to join this site after reading, "Death in the Long Grass" by Peter Hathaway Capstick and looking for information about hunting Africa. I lurked for a couple weeks to check it out and was more than excited to see people who not only had deep knowledge of hunting, but shared many of my ideas on hunting ethics. I hope I can be a positive participant in this community and soak-up as much knowledge as possible so I can one day achieve my bigger goal of hunting Africa. Thank you for reading this.

Best regards,

S.W. Smith
 
Welcome to AH!! You will find all you need right here :)
 
S.W. welcome to AH, enjoy the adventure.
 
Welcome to AH S.W Smith! Looking forward to reading your post and having you share your experiences with us.
 
Welcome to a great community Smith!

R.
 
Welcome to the site
 
Welcome to AH !
 
Welcome Mr. Smith! I have this recurring dream of shipping my Harley and a couple of rifles over to Africa, crusing the various countries and stopping every so often for a few days of hunting. Crazy I suppose.
 
Welcome Mr. Smith! I have this recurring dream of shipping my Harley and a couple of rifles over to Africa, crusing the various countries and stopping every so often for a few days of hunting. Crazy I suppose.
You only get this one life; I say make the most of it. Regardless of the cost, that one adventure would be worth a lifetime.

On another note, thank you everyone for the warm welcome.
 
Welcome!!

You've made a couple of great posts already. I look forward to your continued contributions!!!
 
Welcome to AH S.W Smith! Good luck with your show.
 
Welcome to AH, I'm glad you joined.
 
Welcome to A.H.! I guess if you are on a motorcycle then you don't have to get used to right hand drive, just the "wrong "side of the road. Good luck with your dreams.
 
Welcome to AH from a fellow Missouri hunter
 
Welcome sir, my kinda guy, hunting and motorcycles.....Hopefully in the future you will be able to publish positive writings on hunting and conservation. Look forward to your future post's.
 
Welcome aboard!

Enjoy your time here, and the planning of your adventures.


Tim
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,347
Messages
1,573,647
Members
169,784
Latest member
ValQmp4686
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top