Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
nra
Hunted
USA,Canada,RSA
I have recently bought a Winchester M70 Stainless Rifle in 375.

I want to go with a 1-6 scope with illumination.

Also want 4 inches of eye relief.

Does anyone have experience with GPO scopes on 375 or larger rifles?

I can get a new one for 750 USD which is a lot less than most Euro or Leupold 1-6 scopes.

I currently have a Trijicon 1-6 on my 416, but looking to save a little money if the GPO will do the job.

Midway has the Leupold patrol 6 on sale right now for $1,099, it's a great DG scope.

IMO - As a traveling hunter, using a scope of this level would not be the best decision. A rifle capable of DG should have a top quality scope that’s made to last. You made a great decision with your 416 and I hope you do the same with the 375.

I have a GPO 1-8 x 24 on my 404 Jeffery. Shot about 60 rounds with the scope and have had no issues

I have had a Spectra 6 1.5-9x32 mounted on my .375 H&H for the past 3 years. Great clarity and works almost like a red-dot on 1.5 magnification. Flawless so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LCXKatie5

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with
Grz63 wrote on Cecil Hammonds's profile.
Greetings from Clermont -ferrand !!
Grz63 wrote on Cecil Hammonds's profile.
We 'll visit Livingstone / Vic Falls for 3 days and 2 nights. Back to Mapcha by car, back to WDH with Airlink (grab my rifles and belongings) and the same day back to Frankfurt.
What do you mind from your own experience ? and your wife .? Did she appreciate ?
We already hunted Namibia in 2022, May for PG near Outjo for 8 days. Great country.
Thank you for your advises.
Philippe