Good problem to have

jdemocko

AH veteran
Joined
Mar 11, 2009
Messages
154
Reaction score
273
Location
NC
Media
4
Member of
NRA, Rocky Mt Elk Foundation
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Australia, Canada, Mexico
I’ve been getting my final loads together for an upcoming Buffalo hunt. My go to recipe is a 475 gn CEB Safari Raptor and RL 15 going 2400 +/- FPS out of my 500 NE. It regulates perfectly and has served me well on several hunts. I’ve been seeing a few guys on here talking about the 570 gn Swift A frame so I decided to load some up and give them a try. The 2 shot group to the the left is the A frame going 2190 fps. The CEB load is the more centered vertical group. Normally they look like the A-frame group but my dog crossed under my line of fire as I touched off the second shot. I originally tried an A-frame load and wasn't impressed. After reviewing what others were saying, I decided that I may have not pushed it hard enough. So I bumped the powder charge up 2 grains and it really came together. Both groups were shot at 50 yards. This gives me something to think about, either load should work fine.

tempImagejU7dsz.png
 
Both will work! My vote is the Aframe. They have never failed me and I believe that the 570gr is perfect weight in a 500NE.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,310
Messages
1,572,471
Members
169,570
Latest member
185892286
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top