Getting ready for my first trip

SafariDawg

Reaction score
Member of
SCI
Good evening everyone. I’m getting ready for my first trip to Africa. Limpopo province for the spiral slam. I’m very happy that I found this forum. Certainly welcome any advice.

Pack lite.

When are you heading over? Are you going with a group or family? Just hunting or planning on doing a tour also? Taking your own firearm or are you renting?

If you have been reading this forum you should be good to go.

Hello SafariDawg,

Khomas Highland Hunting and Fishing Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

I look forward to reading your hunt report.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Pack lite.

When are you heading over? Are you going with a group or family? Just hunting or planning on doing a tour also? Taking your own firearm or are you renting?

If you have been reading this forum you should be good to go.
We are going next month. I am taking my own firearm. It’s a family trip with lots of hunting and some side excursions for some members of our party. We are definitely packing light.

:S Welcome:

Keep your mind open to other animals. A Red Hartebeest was not on my list when I went over for the first time this past June. When an SCI Gold Medal Red Hartebeest presented himself, my plans changed!

Enjoy the process. Don’t get hung up on getting every animal you want. And don’t pass up animals you hadn’t thought of that they urge you to shoot.

It’s good to have a reason to go back

Good day! Welcome to AH! I'm sure you'll have an Unforgettable experience!
Best regards
Johan

Welcome to AH! Great that you’re coming to South Africa! I hope your trip is amazing!
Best regards
Marius

Welcome aboard! Best of luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrogFan

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?