Hyde Hunter

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
life member NRA,CowBoy Fast Draw
just got notification that my animals being done at Lauriston Taxidermy in the East Cape, SA will be finished and ready to ship very shortly, this is going to be quicker than I thought, I figured April at the earliest. now I have to get to work on the pedestal for the Sable and mounting attachments for the Kudu and Zebra shoulder mounts and the 2 euro mounts of 2 Warthogs and Cape Buffalo and keep my wife's little dog off the back of the couch were the Zebra back skin will go . can't wait!

Looking forward to some pictures, Greg does some pretty good work.

Maybe give us a preview if I may ask. You've got some pictures of the animals taken you would share? Would love to see them.

This is with Intaba Safaris in the East Cape SA in April 2023

IMG_20230425_162014152.jpg
IMG_20230427_094253719 - Copy.jpg
IMG_20230428_083351531 - Copy.jpg
IMG_20230429_110338843.jpg
IMG_20230430_170447649.jpg
IMG_20230501_094600818.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Anytime a zebra is so dark it looks like white on black, it puts a smile on my face. Congrats.

Have had several very good interactions with lauriston taxidermy in the past. Eager to see how yours turn out

Beautiful trophies, sir! Interested to see how the taxidermy will turn out. I would be stoked with those trophies.

What caliber did you use for the buffalo?

Beautiful trophies, sir! Interested to see how the taxidermy will turn out. I would be stoked with those trophies.

What caliber did you use for the buffalo?
rifle is a CZ 550 Safari Magnum .458 Win Mag +P loaded to 3.680 coal shooting a 404 gr Shock Hammer bullet at 2460 fps 78.0gr of AA2230 powder, bullet never recovered

I think I will ask Greg if he would be so kind and send me pictures of the animals when he is finished and will post them, hopefully he will

I think I will ask Greg if he would be so kind and send me pictures of the animals when he is finished and will post them, hopefully he will
Greg was super accommodating back in 2019, I’m sure he’ll send pictures if you ask him of the finished taxidermy before crating. He may balk a little about pictures during the process because many people don’t realize how rough things look during the mounting process.

I just emailed asking if he would send me pictures when finished so I could post them and it would be advertising his work, we will see what happens as I was also told yesterday due to the Holiday coming up everything would be shutting down till after the new year so a little bit more waiting

I just emailed asking if he would send me pictures when finished so I could post them and it would be advertising his work, we will see what happens as I was also told yesterday due to the Holiday coming up everything would be shutting down till after the new year so a little bit more waiting
Went through the same deal in 19/20 and then Covid hit and everyone knows how that screwed everything up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DewayneWcz

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

LIMPOPO NORTH SAFARIS wrote on RStien321's profile.
Dear RStien321

I noticed your thread this morning.

We would be thrilled to assit you as mentioned in my comment on your thread.

We as Limpopo North Safaris has numerous areas in limpopo that vary between 10 000 to 24 000 acres that we hunt that has all of the animals on your wish list furthermore we have great deal on cull buffalo cows and bulls.

Please let me know if you might be intrested.

Regards
Sampie
John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia