Rare Breed

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
I thought I would share some fun I had at our local GA chapter of the Dallas Safari. Club yearly banquet (DSC) last night

First for the ladies on our forum here…I am a very well trained husband given my wife does not hunt and while she tolerates my office full of Africa animals she does not like it. With this background enter her brilliant husband, me, lol!!! I wanted to bid on a gorgeous original oil painting of Africa…this painting would cover almost an entire room in our bedroom. Well I won it…oh what to do to get it in the house and on our wall? Now here comes the good part…there was a beautiful Louis Vittan Ladies Handbag that retails for $3350 up for bid…men now pay attention and learn from the master, lol!!! I outbid two ladies to win the bag for $1400!!! (My mother always told me she got rid of the stupid ones in our family). The two ladies suddenly were sitting one on each side of me trying to buy it from me but not a chance (I want to emerge out of this alive). In addition for only a $25 raffle ticket I won a Rhino Dart hunt…just for me personally and with great respect for those who do these I would not buy one but for $25 nice deal and will be going in 2024 with the President of our DSC.

Now if I sound cocky right now it is called false courage… I neglected to tell you my lovely Mrs. Rare Breed was out of town visiting our grand daughter. She has no idea what I have done and will not until Monday. I have already hung the painting and yes it takes up an entire wall. Trust me when she enters the bedroom I will have the purse in my hand. This afternoon at the appropriate hour of 5 PM I will sit in our bedroom admiring my new painting with a nice glass of wine for I may be dead come Monday!!!

I thought I would share some fun I had at our local GA chapter of the Dallas Safari. Club yearly banquet (DSC) last night

First for the ladies on our forum here…I am a very well trained husband given my wife does not hunt and while she tolerates my office full of Africa animals she does not like it. With this background enter her brilliant husband, me, lol!!! I wanted to bid on a gorgeous original oil painting of Africa…this painting would cover almost an entire room in our bedroom. Well I won it…oh what to do to get it in the house and on our wall? Now here comes the good part…there was a beautiful Louis Vittan Ladies Handbag that retails for $3350 up for bid…men now pay attention and learn from the master, lol!!! I outbid two ladies to win the bag for $1400!!! (My mother always told me she got rid of the stupid ones in our family). The two ladies suddenly were sitting one on each side of me trying to buy it from me but not a chance (I want to emerge out of this alive). In addition for only a $25 raffle ticket I won a Rhino Dart hunt…just for me personally and with great respect for those who do these I would not buy one but for $25 nice deal and will be going in 2024 with the President of our DSC.

Now if I sound cocky right now it is called false courage… I neglected to tell you my lovely Mrs. Rare Breed was out of town visiting our grand daughter. She has no idea what I have done and will not until Monday. I have already hung the painting and yes it takes up an entire wall. Trust me when she enters the bedroom I will have the purse in my hand. This afternoon at the appropriate hour of 5 PM I will sit in our bedroom admiring my new painting with a nice glass of wine for I may be dead come Monday!!!
Been there many time! I’m always asking for forgiveness and not permission.

You are a brave man, at this point I would already have my tent setup on the back property and fully outfitted for the upcoming extended stay.

Pictures of the painting please. This may be the only time we see it, unless she buries you with it. :ROFLMAO:

"Happy wife, happy life" comes to mind real quick.
Well done on being the winning bidder and pulling the rhino ticket!

I will sit in our bedroom admiring my new painting with a nice glass of wine for I may be dead come Monday!!!
RIP @Rare Breed. It has been nice “knowing” you on this forum. All kidding aside, the rhino dart hunt sounds like a great fun for $25!!!

BTW where is the picture of the painting? As some would say, without a picture it never happened!!

GOOD WORK! I like it :A Big Hello:

RIP @Rare Breed. It has been nice “knowing” you on this forum. All kidding aside, the rhino dart hunt sounds like a great fun for $25!!!

BTW where is the picture of the painting? As some would say, without a picture it never happened!!
Fair point…here is the offending temptation
468C22D4-8013-48D2-A738-BB4443315C08.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
........... This afternoon at the appropriate hour of 5 PM I will sit in our bedroom admiring my new painting with a nice glass of wine for I may be dead come Monday!!!

I'd suggest you enjoy that entire bottle. May as well go out with a bang!

Hahaha your are a very brave man , good luck for tomorrow

Gotta get a pic when she comes through the door and post it here.:)
Don’t let us down now, you got this! :D Beers:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwbybill

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.