Gene Hill Book Collection

Clifford Johnson

AH veteran
Reaction score
Member of
RMEF, NWTF
Hunted
Russia, Australia, New Zealand, Spain, Tajikistan,Kyrgyzstan, British Columbia, Alberta, Yukon, US, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia
I thought I would offer these here as there seems to be an interest in good reading material. My collection of 7 Gene Hill books. All are in as new condition. They include Tears & Laughter, Mostly Tailfeathers, A Listening Walk, Shotgunners Notebook, Passing A Good Time, Hunter's Fireside Book, and Hill Country. These are stories from Gene's time writing for Sports Afield, and Field&Stream. All are interesting stories. All are hardcover with dust jacket. $110 shipped to the CONUS.

hill1.JPG
hill2.JPG
hill3.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
These are GREAT books...full of fun stories and great writing. I pull mine out on winter nights and smile a lot as I read them again. Gene was a very talented writer.

I will take them for the new trophy room library so many can enjoy.

John Ed

This thread reminds me of a wonderful week I got to spend with Gene & Marsha Hill in the Scottish Highlands in October of 1985. It was a group Red Stag stalking trip organized through Jim Rikhoff’s National Sporting Fraternity. The Hill’s were the host couple for the group. We stayed at Major Neil Ramsey’s estate in Aberfeldy and hunted on a variety of estates throughout the highlands.

Gene Hill was a very interesting fellow to spend time with. As I recall, his rifle on that hunt was a custom .257 Roberts. Deer stalking during the day and Black Tie dinners at night, followed by time shared over fine single malts.

Green Chile nailed it-the perfect fireside books. Gene Hil and Gordon MacQuarrie are outstanding feel good winter night reading. Short stories would make excellent lodge reading, I know the RR will give them a proper home-

Books are sold, Thanks!

I have the same collection! Outstanding, just like a collection of Peter Flack books.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alejandra6

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia