Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, Puro Pinche Low Fence Hunting
Hunted
USA, South Africa
I tried to wade through all the footwear and sock and gaiter posts, but couldn't find much recommendations about brands of ankle gaiters. I know there's a million of them out there, but what do y'all use?

I’m curious about this as well. Headed to Limpopo in June and need gaiters for the wife and kids as well and some short ones for me.

Rigby makes a good leather gaiter. Nothing wrong with the boyt canvas gaiters. I use leather gaiters made by a friend in Botswana.

I’ve bought all kinds of gaiters, as I only hunt in shorts. Custom made buffalo, zip ups, Velcro closures, you name it. ( Avoid the Velcro seamed ones at all costs. You’re welcome.). Settled on the Boyt slip on canvas. Best fitting, most comfortable, and probably the cheapest. Work great in a South Texas dove field in September as well. That’s harder that an African hunt.

I never could find gaiters before my first safari. I asked my PH where I can get them and he gave me his pair. I've used them every time since. Thank you Dirk de Bod!

Courtney Leather zip ups and I’ve also got some Boyt Harness canvas ones as backups. I prefer the leather as I’ve pulled them up to cover my knees when crawling.

Courtney Leather zip ups and I’ve also got some Boyt Harness canvas ones as backups. I prefer the leather as I’ve pulled them up to cover my knees when crawling.

Never thought of that. What a great idea!

Texashuntco
IMG_3526.jpeg

Check with @African Sporting Creations they have leather gaiters that zip up. I multiple pairs for me and my family members. They work great at leather is comfortable when you sweat.

they have the style of gaiters that you PH will likely be wearing.

I got some Italian military gaiter, canvas with leather lining and protection. Cheap and very well made even though old

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Faye228194

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia