Full size buffalo target

matt2H

AH member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
In order to prepare for my July Buffalo hunt (Trip Report here) I purchased the life sized Cape Buffalo target from Africa Sporting Creations (Link: HERE).

It mounted on 3 boards with kick back stands for setup at the range. It will win no prizes in any wood working competition - but it is functional and certainly assisted me a great deal. The two end boards are stapled in place while the center ones are only secured at the top to enable the flip back and examination of your bullet placement. There is an additional sheet of the target that can be placed over the existing ones that has not been used at all. The bottom picture is of the target as it is now - with black stickers in place over the bullet holes.

My wife tells me that I should just trash it, but before I do - I would like to offer it to the AH community. I want no payment for it - but it would have to be collected in Northern Phoenix (Cave Creek) AZ. It fits in the truck bed of my Tundra.

No sensitivity here at all - if you feel this is a shoddy offer as my wife does - please let me know and I will remove :LOL:

Image 8 The life size buffalo target – this target replaced the bullseye target in the last co...png
Image 9 He’s certainly spotty now and the ability to gain immediate feedback.png

Sounds like your Mrs just doesn't understand us hunters.

I think those black dots look like lots of dead buffalo and excellent preparation. :)

I think it is quite thoughtful to pay it forward for another guy. It is just a long ways from MO!

You could easily cut out a silhouette of the vitals and hang a sacrificial piece of wood/steel from the back, and get a lot of life out of a fun target for the backyard or club range.

LOL - thank you - those black dots helped me a great deal and resulted in a one shot, top of the heart bullet placement. It did help that my buffalo stood exactly as this target did...

You could easily cut out a silhouette of the vitals and hang a sacrificial piece of wood/steel from the back, and get a lot of life out of a fun target for the backyard or club range.
This is my backup plan if no-one takes it, I will take it on through to Cow Town shooting range. I would prefer to assist any aspirant buffalo hunters as my first option :)

can you remove it from the board, fold it up and ups it to texas. i will pay for shipping, being of paper/cloth should be reasonable. plus 20.00 $

If I were anywhere near you, I'd happily look to take it off your hands.

But instead I'll have to settle for making myself a similar one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VallieMack

Latest profile posts

3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text [redacted]. Email [redacted]
Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available