Mark Biggerstaff

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Cleaning out some unneeded ammo as have decided not to build the 404 I was planning.

5 boxes DSX
3 boxes DGS

$1050 shipped

IMG_9003.jpg

A decent price. I see a lot of 404 Hornady ammo has come up recently online for anywhere from $140 (a few) to $185/box. I could use a box maybe but not eight. Incidentally, I have found Hornady brass to be very good stuff. RWS brass not so much! RWS cases are too short and rim thickness inconsistent. Hornady brass was all correct length and every one snapped over in my 98 Mauser. Only a handful of two boxes RWS brass will snap over.

I have heard Hornady puts a lot of gas behind their 400 gr ammo. I'm thinking about ordering a box, pounding out the bullets, and reloading to a more moderate velocity. At $140/box it's almost worth it. I paid $80 Canadian for a new box of brass and that was a bargain. Box of fifty old discontinued Barnes X 400 gr bullets was also $80 Canadian ( + shipping for both). Be lucky if I can find TSX bullets for $80 US! Throw in the cost of powder (404J eats a lot of powder!) + unobtanium magnum primers ... $138/box is not a bad deal at all!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CecilByrd

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia