For your entertainment: Czech dis-mount

T/C

Reaction score
Hi all,

Two months ago I came across a good, barely used CZ ZKK 602 in .375 H&H, great price, in a gunshop. Older Meopta fixed magnification glass with military reticle on strange high peep-through mounts (can use open sights thru them).
"Out of an estate, the gentleman did not hunt with it, very little shots made."
Price was REALLY right, bought it.

Went to the range with it for sighting in, and shot it seated from the bench, no hard contact, just hand between forend and bag, and shoulder.
After five shots, the group opened up and I was a little confused. It was kicking uncomfortably due to seated position, and I thought maybe I flinched too much. Took a break, continued shooting, groups worsened. After one pack of ammo, the Czech dis-mount materialised :
IMG_1896.jpeg

At least the gunshop didn't lie, the former owner did not shoot much with this combo :)

The ZKK now wears a Recknagel-style Rusan mount, and a Zeiss with rail. Hope it stays on ;)

The scope mount that came adrift was not an original setup but was some one-off bastardisation. The ZKK has the dovetails on the front and rear of the action and they provides a very solid arrangement. Typically users will use either the Warne or Alaska arms QD mounts designed for the action, which work perfectly.

Gunsmithing by Rube Goldberg.
a-bulb.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
XFRSylvia7

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg