For Sale Win 70 375H&H & Dakota 97 Deluxe 300 Win Mag

nestorm

Reaction score
I inherited a couple of rifles from my father. He was a big game hunter who went all over. I am, however, not a big game hunter; I collect military surplus and revolvers. I've tried listing these guns on Texas Gun Trader, but we don't exactly have game out here that requires a round this size. I was told this place might afford more interest in his rifles, so here I am. I know I don't exactly have a reputation here, but I've bought and sold on TGT for years now, and that ought to be reflected in my profile there. I know this is a national board, so I'd be willing to ship through an FFL, but if you're in Texas I'd much prefer to meet face to face.

I believe my prices are low for these rifles, just based on what they were insured for. Given that they're used and not everyone hunts big game, I figured I'd take the insurance cost and cut it by about 35-40%. Anyway, here are the links to the guns:

Please contact me either there or via text with the phone number provided in the posts, unless the rules here specify otherwise.

Thanks for your attention.

IMG_20240103_194917922.jpg

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
GLWS beautiful guns.

You could also try a few shops in TX like McBride's, Sportsman's Finest, Dury's, or Collectors Firearms that tend to have the African stuff on hand. Collector's generally has a lot of MilSurp and revolvers as well.

Would help your sale,sell,sail,cell…if you take a couple new pics with your phone with a piece of paper, dated today and username in the pic next to the rifle as good faith you actually have these in your possession. Since you are new to the site.

Would help your sale,sell,sail,cell…if you take a couple new pics with your phone with a piece of paper, dated today and username in the pic next to the rifle as good faith you actually have these in your possession. Since you are new to the site.
not a bad idea

IMG_20240103_194917922.jpg
IMG_20240103_194944079.jpg

Maybe I just can't see it, but does the Model 70 have a rear sight?

I, too, have a barrel question. It’s either a factory Classic SM with an upgraded front sight or it’s carrying an aftermarket barrel. I would love to see the barrel markings.

Last edited:
It's a rear peep sight. I can include several other peep sights I found in a box he had if interested.

IMG_20240103_220256432.jpg

I, too, have a barrel question. It’s either a factory Classic SM with an upgraded front sight or it’s carrying an aftermarket barrel. I would love to see the barrel markings.
here are the only markings i could find on the rifle along with a picture of the front sight

IMG_20240103_220326579.jpg
IMG_20240103_220359849.jpg
IMG_20240103_220416062.jpg
IMG_20240103_220437895.jpg

here are the only markings i could find on the rifle along with a picture of the front sight
Thank you. It’s an aftermarket barrel - perhaps a conversion. A call to Browning with the serial number would settle what it was originally. Beautiful rifle.

I picked up the M70 from the OP. It was exactly as described and very straight forward dealing with him. I’d gladly deal with him again.

Gave the rifle a cleaning and lube, and could not be happier with it. Whoever built it appears to have known what they were doing. It weighs 8 1/4 pounds.

Bottom line, the OP is good to go. I have zero connection to him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViolaBorth

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]