JeffD

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
San Luis Obispo Sportsman Association
Hunted
USA, Zambia, New Zealand, Namibia
I'm cleaning out some scopes that aren't in use currently to upgrade. Prices include shipping by Priority USPS mail within the US, insured, with tracking number provided as soon as shipped. I won't ship outside the US, sorry. First "I'll take it" gets it. PM with any questions.

All of the scopes function well in all respects. The glass on all the scopes is scratch and blemish free as far as I can see. There may be some dust or cleaning streaks from cleaning just before I took the photos. I do not have boxes or lens covers for any of these. I've tried to post pictures in the same order in which the scopes are listed, four pictures each.

Scope #1: $275 Leupold VXIII 1.5x5, Duplex reticle, gloss, friction style adjustments. Some ring marks as visible in the pictures.

Scope #2: $275 Leupold VXII 4x12, Target Dot reticle, Adjustable Parallax on the Objective Lens, matte finish, friction style adjustments. A few light ring marks are visible. This is a good scope for a rimfire with the adjustable parallax. Please note: the target dot and intersecting cross hairs are very fine! Probably not the best for you if your eyesight is not pretty good.

Scope #3: $225 Leupold Rimfire Freedom series 3x9, Duplex with elevation dots on the cross hair from the center down, matte finish. Please note that the adjustments on these are stiff and do not feel crisp or "clicky." I have another one of these and it is exactly the same, not a defect. They work fine however. I was surprised that the glass on this scope is as good as it is. A very good rimfire scope if you don't need more than 9x, and you don't routinely change elevation settings in a shooting session. Great if you just sight in and leave it.

Top Full.jpeg
Bottom Full.jpeg
Back Lens.jpeg
Front Lens.jpeg
Top Full.jpeg
Top Full 2.jpeg
Back Lens.jpeg
Front Lens.jpeg
Top Full.jpeg
R Side Full.jpeg
Back Lens.jpeg
Front Lens.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ll take #2

John Ed

I have scope #2 on a Ruger 77/22LR, and you are not kidding about how fine the crosshairs are. That being said, it is an excellent scope and works perfectly for my paper punching purposes with that rifle. Good scope and good price. GLWS!

I have scope #2 on a Ruger 77/22LR, and you are not kidding about how fine the crosshairs are. That being said, it is an excellent scope and works perfectly for my paper punching purposes with that rifle. Good scope and good price. GLWS!
Yes indeed. A decade or two ago it would’ve been perfect for me. I’m about to turn age 69 and I can’t see the reticle well enough anymore. That’s why I put it up for sale. I did think it was best to make sure that was evident in the listing so anyone buying it would know that.

Yes indeed. A decade or two ago it would’ve been perfect for me. I’m about to turn age 69 and I can’t see the reticle well enough anymore. That’s why I put it up for sale. I did think it was best to make sure that was evident in the listing so anyone buying it would know that.
Yep; that was a good call on your part to make that clear. I'm 51 now, so not sure how many years l have left with mine. :)

Congrats on the sale!

The only remaining scope is the Freedom 3x9. The Midway site has them for $299 (Free ship, but plus tax for most places). You can find a picture of the reticle on the site as well. Here's the link:

Attachments

• Leupold VX-Freedom Rimfire Rifle Scope 3-9x 40mm Rimfire MOA Reticle.pdf
    699.4 KB · Views: 12
The rimfire scope is now sold, so all the scopes are spoken for. Thanks everyone for their interest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23bf2dd024

Latest profile posts

gunslinger1971 wrote on Gray Fox's profile.
Do you still have the Browning 1895 and do you want to sell it? I'm might be interested. If so please let me know and do you have any pictures?

Steve in Missouri
[redacted]
Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.