For sale- Ruger Hawkeye african 223

professor

Bronze supporter
AH senior member
Reaction score
I live in Tyler, TX. I would meet locally to sell. Im not wanting to ship this.

I really like this rifle and they are not common. Basically its a varmint m77 with barrel band sling stud and front sight. I got it new from a collection. I fired 100 rounds of low end soft points. Really needs a heavier bullet hand load developed for it. I think the twist is 1 in 9. I know guys have these shooting the 69gr bullets very well.

Message me if interested. I will send my number and we can talk, text. Im asking $1800. Has matching box, the serial# is blocked out in photo but intact. Includes papers and factory rings. I will include the set of AlaskaArms qd mounts, 1" that I used briefly on this rifle. The rifle is excellent condition but has area of salt/peppery looking finish wear on right side of rear bridge in front of bolt handle.
I have bought and sold some on this forum so can find references.
Thanks for looking.
1000005381.jpg

1000005382.jpg

20240828_175144~2_copy_1156x867.jpg

There has been trade interest. Im just not needing other guns now. Its not a fire sale, just an inquiry into possible interest. Thanks.

There has been trade interest. Im just not needing other guns now. Its not a fire sale, just an inquiry into possible interest. Thanks.
Somebody needs this rifle. An excellent practice rifle for big bores, and an accurate smallbore hunting rifle in its own regard. Mine shoots 55 grain NATO spec, 64 grain W-W SP, and Black Hills 69 grain BTHP extremely well. 1 in 9 twist handles all bullets well.

IIRC, Craig Boddington worked with Ruger several years ago to make this rifle as a "practice rifle" for big bores.
I really enjoy mine at the range, after a few magazines of the big stuff, and reset my practices with the African .223, to concentrate on sight picture, trigger control, and follow through.
The brass marks, on the action behind the bolt are from spent brass case dinging the action during the vigorous ejection of the Ruger CRF system.
A little Kroil, or CLP solvent with BRASS wool will remove this. No issues.

GLWS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fiona0495

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]