For Sale bottom metal frame

SkullKeeper

AH elite
Joined
Feb 1, 2021
Messages
1,637
Reaction score
3,096
Location
Virginia
Media
35
Hunting reports
Africa
6
Hunted
RSA, Tanzania, Zambia
I’m not sure what make this is but definitely a nice skeleton to complete. If you can use it then $50 shipped to you.
IMG_2142.jpeg
IMG_2138.jpeg
IMG_2140.jpeg
 
Possibly post-1964 Winchester Model 70. Here's what Sunny Hill's looks like.
740lg.jpg
 
Could be from any of three or four metal smiths. Sunnyhill, Blackburn, Weisner, Others?

I don't have one to measure as it is at the 'smith's being inletted into a M70 stock. Missing bolt release and floor plate - which might be easy to find or not, depending on maker.

Looking closely, I don't think it is by Blackburn.
 
Could be from any of three or four metal smiths. Sunnyhill, Blackburn, Weisner, Others?

I don't have one to measure as it is at the 'smith's being inletted into a M70 stock. Missing bolt release and floor plate - which might be easy to find or not, depending on maker.

Looking closely, I don't think it is by Blackburn.
Comparing my 98 Mauser's Blackburn bottom metal to OP's.
20250428_155402.jpg
IMG_2152.jpeg

The teardrop shape of trigger guards is very similar. OP's is a bit thicker. Pivot pin is almost exactly the same place. From top down it appears the floorplate levers would be same length.
20250428_160753.jpg
IMG_2138.jpeg

The major difference would seem to be the trigger guard loop was not finished on OP's bottom metal. That's why it is thicker. I elected to leave the machining marks on mine as I thought they looked nice.
 
Last edited:
Could be from any of three or four metal smiths. Sunnyhill, Blackburn, Weisner, Others?

I don't have one to measure as it is at the 'smith's being inletted into a M70 stock. Missing bolt release and floor plate - which might be easy to find or not, depending on maker.

Looking closely, I don't think it is by Blackburn.
I am pretty sure Wisner has a release lever for this for about $30 and I believe a floor plate is about $80 , but I don’t know if it would be an exact fit or not.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,259
Messages
1,570,023
Members
168,801
Latest member
thevirdexweb
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top