AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Nimrod Rifle Club, DSC, SCI, NRA
Hunted
Texas, Wyoming, Kansas, Alaska, Namibia, Botswana, Northern Cape, Alberta, Natal, Zambia
I've flown Qatar, Ethiopian, and Delta to Africa with archery gear but I've never flown Turkish Air at all.
Currently, Turkish Air has the cheapest flights out of DFW in late October, early November.

According to the Turkish Air website, they do allow archery equipment as an oversize bag, which is normal and I'm fine with. I've even sent them an email inquiring about there policies for archery equipment in the hopes that I'd have a black and white hardcopy from them when I show up for check in.

What are the experiences you may have had with TA, good or bad, in general regarding your flight experience, from booking, the flights, luggage, etc.?

I’ve had a several flights with Turkish. Excellent business class product, but no suite. The lounges in IST is beer and wine only. The food on Turkish is excellent. The food at the lounge is cooked right in front of you. If you can get a long layover, they have an Istanbul tour, or you can get a layover and overnight. The “old town” area is great, food is good and cheap. Airport security it extremely tight. Your car and driver go through security to enter the airport grounds. You go through security to enter the building. Then another security to go the gates and security again at the gates. If you leave make sure you plan accordingly. There are two hotels at the airport one in the ticketing area and another past immigration.

My coach flight was like any other coach flight.

Don’t expect much from ground staff either on the phone or the airport. But service on the plane was very good in business.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoracioWur

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!