Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
Australian Deer Association, Australian Association of Wildlife Artists
Hunted
Australia, New Zealand, Namibia, South Africa
Hello all, just had to share some of my excitement!
After a year of planning & saving, and many years dreaming, my first African safari is now just 10 weeks away. Things are getting busy now as we organise permits, get rifles ready, etc.

While for my wife and I, it's our first time in Africa, my mate Mark and his wife are back for thirds. We will be staying for 10 days with Kowas Safaris in Namibia after overnighting in Jo'burg. So far we have been most impressed with their communication and attitude.

My principal animals are Kudu, Oryx, Springbuck, Impala and Steenbok, while Mark is targeting Eland amongst others. Of course, there's plenty more I'd like....a Warthog, Zebra, maybe a hartebeest...we shall see how much money I can save before then, and I plan to spend the lot!

I'll be taking my ever trusty Browning A-Bolt .30/06, loaded with 180gn Woodleighs. Topped with a Swaro Z3 3-10x42, this rifle has seen me through many successful hunts, and I hope this luck shall continue!

I will, of course, keep AH posted!

Cheers all!
Tim

You'll have a great hunt!

Good luck and have fun.
Take pictures of everything.

Thanks guys! Best of luck with your hunt Waterguy. Where are you headed, and for what game?

Going for a few days hunting this weekend after fallow deer, to see if I can't get some practice shooting animals off the sticks which is not our usual method here. The venison will be welcome too!

Enjoy the trip, and the anticipation!

Looking forward to a hunt report and pics.

I'm going to the east cape with KUbusi Safari's Plains game is whats on the menu but Kudu top my list. This is my first time also. going hunting for 9 days and touring around after for another 8 days.

Best of luck you'll have a blast.

You guys got me jealous, have a great time!!!

I have only heard good things about them. I am sure your trip will be all kinds of fun. Looking forward to seeing the report and pictures when your done.

I'm going to the east cape with KUbusi Safari's Plains game is whats on the menu but Kudu top my list. This is my first time also. going hunting for 9 days and touring around after for another 8 days.

Best thing I did on my first safari was include some touring time as well ... as great as the hunting is, learning about the history and culture is priceless ... and at a significantly reduced price when compared to hunting :-)!

Have a great trip and take lots of pictures to share with those of us who won't be going this year.

Like the earlier post I hope you take lots of pictures. When you get home from the trip please share a hunt report and lots if pictures!

I do have a closed group on facebook that i'll be posting updates if i have internet at night so my 90 year old dad can kind of live through it with me. Other wise I will do a report here when I get back.

I hope both of you have a Great first adventure to Africa.
wish I was going back, but the money thing is holding me back .
Got the news last week my baby daughter is getting married in November ,so it will be a while before I can get back to Africa. Forrest

Mine got married last Feb. I made the offer of a destination wedding to the I would pay for their trip and airfare they jumped on it they got married at a sandals on St lucia cost me way less the a wedding and I got a vacation out of it.

Take Brickburns advice pictures of everything!!! Camera nearby always May 21st right around the corner EC here I come

Enjoy it! Look forward to a hunt report with lots of pics!

Take a small pocket journal with you and jot down the details of each animal hunt. Good to look at as the years go by and memories fade a little. Have a great safari!

Take a small pocket journal with you and jot down the details of each animal hunt. Good to look at as the years go by and memories fade a little. Have a great safari!
Great idea!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamelMacCu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

DEAR SIR/MADAM,
DO YOU NEED FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE TO ENLARGE YOUR BUSINESS?
WE HELP INDIVIDUALS AND COMPANIES TO OBTAIN FINANCE FOR BUSINESS
EXPANDING AND TO SETUP A NEW BUSINESS RANGING ANY AMOUNT. GET FINANCE AT AFFORDABLE INTEREST RATE OF 3% contact us Pacific landing Whatsapp +91, Seven, Three, 0, Three, Three, Eight, Two, Six, Three, One
NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?