First Lady Rosalynn Carter, The Reason I'm Here Today

My own political leanings are different than the Carter's. However, if anyone believes that the Carter's were just Democrats and nothing else, is someone who is close minded to how people are in their heart.
They were very nice people where it counts. The world NEEDS people who live their life like the Carter's did! We are all together in this world.
That's all I'll say....

Thank you for sharing your story. Your mother deserves a lot of credit for maintaining her calm in a very difficult situation. Mrs. Carter’s actions remind me of a time, not so long ago, when we Americans may have differed on policy and politics but never on doing what was right for the right, quiet reason.

Wow what a great story! And what truly Great Ladies! Your mother and Rosalynn Carter. Thank you so much for sharing this! Many of us are lucky to have survived our teenage years but you have a better story than most;)

Just wow. Glad it had a happy ending!

A fabulous story.

While I never did agree with just about anything that Carter did in his Presidency they were a class act.

I don't know if you have ever tried or if it would even be possible. But have you ever thought about reaching out to the Carter Presidential Library and seeing if you could get at least a copy of the letter that your mother sent to Mrs. Carter?

It would make everything come full circle.

That was an incredible story. Do you still have a copy of the letter your mom received?

Just catching up on this, great story that worked out for all concerned. Mrs Carter was certainly a genuinely nice person.

May she RIP. Jimmy will be along soon to keep you company.

Glad that you made it out safely. As others have noted, amazing story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JillianPha

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?