Exporting a Whitetail skull

Pirkan

AH veteran
Joined
Jun 22, 2022
Messages
139
Reaction score
295
Location
Sweden
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Member of
Luleå Studentjaktklubb
Hunted
Sweden, South Africa, Namibia, Germany
A good friend of mine is currently in the us and just shot a pretty nice whitetail buck. It's his first kill ever and I know it's a non issue on the Swedish side of things if he brings the boiled skull back home in his suitcase to have it mounted. I am however not sure at all about how that works in the US and who even regulates it so I'd appreciate if anyone could give more info or point me in the right direction regarding export of trophies from the US. The buck was shot on private land in North Carolina if that matters. The hunt wasn't with an outfitter either.
 
Not an expert but it should be a non-event since it isn’t a CITES critter. I’d keep the tag attached, have the hunting license available, check for any local CWD regulations, fill out a form 3-177 declaration and reach out to a local port of entry contact to vet questions (US Fish and Wildlife is the applicable agency)

 
He´s home now and got the antlers with him. He cut them of the skull so they´d fit in his bag.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,342
Messages
1,573,438
Members
169,748
Latest member
neosertedist1970
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top