NamStay

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Boys' Life magazine December 1965

full

Very cool!

All joking aside, what better way to get and keep a youngster shooting? As they get a little older and or perhaps a little better just move the can a little farther away. Challenging Dad and Grandpa to an old time "shootin match" results in family fun for everyone.

All joking aside, what better way to get and keep a youngster shooting? As they get a little older and or perhaps a little better just move the can a little farther away. Challenging Dad and Grandpa to an old time "shootin match" results in family fun for everyone.
Agree 100% . My grandkids are still small ( 3&1) but their .22 rifles are in the safe , and the first gift I bought them are Daisy Red Ryders BB rifles . My 3 year old grandson has already used his BB a few times and loves it .
Although I have a decent collection of firearms I still think the .22s are some of the best fun , just a pity they not that cheap to shoot anymore .

One of my most prized possessions and the one my grandson asks to use the most is my Marlin 39. Put a peep sight on it a few years ago in deference to my aging eyes. He really likes that peep. Said that gun feels most like a real hunting rifle.

I would love to have a Marlin mod 39 in my collection but they are very scarce in SA , at least there are a lot of great little .22s out there for us and our grandkids to shoot .

I have a Marlin 39A. It was the first rifle I ever purchased. The serial number is 25,000. It now wears a low powered scope in deference to my 78 year old eyes but still puts bullets where I'm pointing.

I would love to have a Marlin mod 39 in my collection but they are very scarce in SA , at least there are a lot of great little .22s out there for us and our grandkids to shoot .
That is one of the few guns my son won’t get when I finally go to the happy hunting grounds. That one goes to my grandson. I now have to teach him how to care for it, to pass on to his next caretaker

My brother and used to ride our bicycles about 3miles over the hill to the town dump and spend all morning shooting rats with our 22 s. We would each shoot a box and whoever killed the most rats the other would buy you a bottle of pop at the store on the way home. Ahh the good old days.

My brother and used to ride our bicycles about 3miles over the hill to the town dump and spend all morning shooting rats with our 22 s. We would each shoot a box and whoever killed the most rats the other would buy you a bottle of pop at the store on the way home. Ahh the good old days.

Same memory. But it was one of my good friends and we never had a full box of shells. Usually what we could get the guy at the hardware store to give us out of pity riding 2 miles in the opposite direction of the city dump on Signal Mtn. He would give us a handful each and tell us to be careful. Different days for sure.

Rats were the perfect game to teach you to "aim small, miss small". Also perfect to teach you how to lead a running animal. We still rib each other when we get together about our hits and misses. Dad never let us run out of ammo either. But he only let us take one box a day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SedellmcGriff

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]