Drinks that remind you of Africa

Cam300

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunted
Namibia & Zimbabwe
Hi everyone, a few recent threads have me thinking - what drinks remind you of Africa? For me, with only one trip to Namibia under my belt, it’s Tafel Lager or Brandy and coke (which my PH drank every night). Which drink just reminds you of Africa? I plan on adding some to my list on my trip to Zimbabwe next year!

Policeman’s coffee

For me it’s a Castle on the ride home. Around the fire a gin and roses lime or gin and tonic

Ah yes…….instant coffee

@Flipper Dude ... I know, right? I was stunned. Even in my tiny corner of the world, we have really good fresh ground options. I am taking several back with me next year.

E9182882-751A-4B54-8370-F15F8DEAAB98.jpeg

Beer Shandy for me also. Castle and Sprite

Capstick mentioned "Tusker".

I've never seen it.

I have a front yard full of "Black Label" tin cans that my wife digs up on a weekly basis, as she is planting flowers

I think it has something has something to do with my grandfather being a bobwhite quail hunter when they still existed in north Georgia.

I don't think he ever killed a big game animal, but he loved quail and rabbit hunting and had several bird dogs.

I never hunted with my grandfather.

I did hunt, one time, with his brother, in 1982 and we did jump one covey of bobwhites in northeast GA.

I have seen one covey here since, about six years ago.

Kilimanjaro, Serengeti or Mosi beers. Rock Shandy is a wonderful non-alcoholic drink. A Gin & Tonic around the fire after a long day.

Butif there’s one regular drink that reminds me of Africa; it’s tea with a little milk and sugar. I never drink it at home, but do love it when I’m in Africa.

Virtually any cool apple juice ... reminds me of can of cool Apletiser just pulled out of the fridge on the back of toyota pick-up.
For complete experience put a fan in front of your face, throw in a bit of dust and shake yourself heavily to spill off third of the content:
"Sip" ....
.... yeah, there I am again
.... even feel my pelvis turning into dust on the rocky road once again
... it is Fantastic ... I have to go back ... soon

I was hoping to be able to have a "Tusker", but it wasnt available where I was. I am not a mixed drink person, but I was delighted with my first Gin and Tonic at the Afton house, and now enjoy them at home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lipikag412

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with
Grz63 wrote on Cecil Hammonds's profile.
Greetings from Clermont -ferrand !!
We 'll visit Livingstone / Vic Falls for 3 days and 2 nights. Back to Mapcha by car, back to WDH with Airlink (grab my rifles and belongings) and the same day back to Frankfurt.
What do you mind from your own experience ? and your wife .? Did she appreciate ?
We already hunted Namibia in 2022, May for PG near Outjo for 8 days. Great country.
Thank you for your advises.
Philippe
Hello Cecil
I am Philippe from Center of France. I plan to hunt Zambezi with Zana Botes in 2026, Oct after a couple of days for PG in Namibia in his lodge. I will be with my wife. She is not really a huntress and we promised to go visit Vic Falls. I imagine to go to Caprivi by car , hunt there 7 days (for buff) and go by car to Vic falls (PH will bring back my rifle) . sorry I am required to write 2 messages
buckstix wrote on magnum308's profile.
yes ..please send me a copy ... buckstix@aol.com